It’s Thursday at
Member Alert:There is no dinner and a program tonight due to a scheduling conflict.There are a few spots open for the Tech Tool Box next week on September 23rd—all about Amazon’s Author Central; 3 spots available to participate in the Library Conference October 16-18 (get your book pitched to librarians); and get signed up for the Autumn BookCamp on November 16th – early bird pricing still open.
Author U – Your Guide to Book Publishing will focus on a variety for common hiccups that new authors get into. Judith Briles is going solo today as she focuses on the true costs of publishing … What you need in moneys (and should know). As the Summer comes to a close, she’s been underground the last few weeks do the drafts on a series of mini-guides for publishing. Make sure you tune into the last two podcasts—all about the Timelines of publishing. It’s up on the In the Air section on the AuthorU.org site. Tune in at 6 Eastern, 5 Central, 4 Mountain, 3 Pacific and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://tinyurl.com/AuthorURadio . You can also go to the Home page of http://www.AuthorU.org, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and are instantly there!
Here’s your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are Author U’s Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Success & Resources
- Agent @LanaPopovicLit seeks clients http://t.co/fABhbkNO1H She reps YA, MG, thrillers, sci-fi, horror, romance, erotica, women’s, and more.
- WOW: #author alert: indie #bookstores are on the rise while big #book stores continue decline! Court the indies! http://ow.ly/Bykba
- #Author websites: 6 things that may be hurting your website’s Google ranking is.gd/45rAaK
- Part II-Hot spit—it’s Publishing timelines for all phases for #authors and #books-listen to podcast: ow.ly/BoieC
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- #author and #book smarts: 14 #SocialMedia Marketing Tools Recommended by the Pros bit.ly/1t4FrBL #authoru
- #author aha: 3 Post-Sale #ContentMarketing Strategies You Need ow.ly/BwN3L #book #authoru via @HeidiCohen
Writers & Writing
- Customer Favorites: Top 100 Books Customers’ Best Reviews – amzn.to/nhwA62#Book#Bestsellers#Amazon#Review
Fun and Cool Things to Know
you can listen to over 130 programs that Author U Founder Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://www.AuthorU.org, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, can go to the radio show’s home page and do the same: http://tinyurl.com/AuthorURadio .
If you are looking for FREE author and book coaching … call in to Judith’s Author Monday Mornings at NOON Eastern each Monday. The number is 218-632-9854; Access Code 1239874444 … have your questions ready–there’s a full hour to ask and listen.
Latest posts by Judith Briles (see all)
Was this helpful? Get more FREE tips and insight: