It’s Thursday at
Author U – Your Guide to Book Publishing will focus on Author Photos… as in casual images, book covers, promotion, website images, products, and training. Judith Briles has Ashlee Bratton, the principal of Ashography as her guest—Learn tips and tricks on how to create a shot that has a twist and creates oohs and aahs from viewers along with the right “fire” to bring heat to your messages. Tune in at 6 Eastern, 5 Central, 4 Mountain, 3 Pacific and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://tinyurl.com/AuthorURadio . You can also go to the Home page of http://www.AuthorU.org, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and are instantly there!
This Saturday … don’t forget, if you are in Colorado, you want to be at the Brunch & Learn event—Hot Book Strategies … details on the website http://www.AuthorU.org, under the Events tab.
Here’s your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are Author U’s Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Success & Resources
- #Author and #book smarts on how to create a budget for #videos-listen to podcast: http://ow.ly/Cci5h #authoru
- Smashwords Publishers Weekly Self-Published Bestseller List, August 2014 publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/au… via @PublishersWkly
- Never Ignore Your Dream by Carolyn Howard-Johnson @FrugalBookPromo at #Author Entrepreneurship Magazine http://t.co/qjQFT0cHVA #writer
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- How A Google Mistake That Killed @BuzzFeed‘s Traffic Turned It Into A Social Media Powerhouse mklnd.com/1s2fgLz
- Evernote takes aim at email with chat tool” bit.ly/1vEP5Lc
Writers & Writing
- Using images is hot for #authors in blogs and articles: 5 tips on picking powerful stock photos is.gd/Mh4Tq3 #book
- Listen to agents define what makes a writer an ideal client: tinyurl.com/mpz4xwn
- #Author smarts: RT @abstanfield: 10 Indispensable Steps to #Writing a Great #Blog Post http://t.co/bj4fvcfQM5
Fun and Cool Things to Know
- Winter is coming-How to build a heater out of some flower pots and candles is.gd/lQW1Bi
You can listen to over 130 programs that Author U Founder Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://www.AuthorU.org, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, can go to the radio show’s home page and do the same: http://tinyurl.com/AuthorURadio .
If you are looking for FREE author and book coaching … call in to Judith’s Author Monday Mornings at NOON Eastern each Monday. The number is 218-632-9854; Access Code 1239874444 … have your questions ready–there’s a full hour to ask and listen.