Author U – Your Guide to Book Publishing, host Dr. Judith Briles of The Book Shepherd digs into a variety of writing insights this month. During November, millions pick up pen, pencil, dictating and heaving typing as they particiate in the National Write a Novel and a new Nonfiction book month. Very cool. During the month you will pick up a variety of short-cuts for writing/publishing from authors “who are doing it”.
Today, award winning book and cover designer Nick Zelinger joins Judith—they are deep-diving into what Judith calls the RTP Syndrome: Rush to Publish … or as they both say: the messes the authors create when they do. Tune in.
Tune in at 6 Eastern, 5 Central, 4 Mountain, 3 Pacific and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://tinurl.com/AuthorURadio. You can also go to the Home page of http://www.AuthorU.org, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and are instantly there! With over 300,000 downloaded podcasts each month from around the world, you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are Author U’s Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Success & Resources
- Like this for #authors when bombarded with deadlines: 10 Ways to Reduce Stress in Under 10 Minutes – bit.ly/1LhXUUB
- Hot info: Individual #author earnings tracked across 7 quarters, Feb. 2014 toSept. 2015 via @authorearnings http://ow.ly/TzBcK #book
- You won’t bug people with your emails if you’re sending something of value ow.ly/Tx0oW
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- How to Get More Out of Google+ With Circles dlvr.it/CS27RJ
- How to Make Great Landing Pages (With Crazy High Conversions) http://t.co/3cOs6OBP4f http://t.co/tu9v5uovT4
- Is it Time to Re-Think Your Search Strategies? keepupweb.us/1LwrmDd via @donpurdum RT @RealSocialShark
Writers & Writing
- Call to Action Phrases That Will Convert your followers and/or visitors. bit.ly/1LusISe #author #selfpub
- [it happens!]RT @WritersDigest: How to Cope With Bad #Book Reviews | http://t.co/ofmRilAt3x http://t.co/Ja2fDP4geU #author #selfpub
- Looking for a literary agent? @MarySouth seeks your queries for #fiction and #nonfiction? tinyurl.com/pt85hd8 #author #book
Fun and Cool Things to Know or Do
- Learn the fastest way to tie a shoelace with the “Ian Knot” holykaw.alltop.com/learn-the-fast…
Remember … you can listen to over 240 programs that Author U Founder Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://tinyurl.com/AuthorURadio , scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes: http://ow.ly/QO0oK
If you are looking for FREE author and book coaching … call in to Judith’s Author Monday Mornings at NOON Eastern each Monday. The number is 218-632-9854; Access Code 1239874444 … have your questions ready–there’s a full hour to ask and listen.