It’s Thursday at
Wow… two terrific programs earlier this week—even if you are a remote member or Author U, attendance was possible. Casey Demchak shared a variety of hot tips to soar your marketing copy and the Tech Tool Box had everyone pinning via Pinterest. If you are in CO, make sure you register for the annual BBQ, it’s a freebie!
Author U – Your Guide to Book Publishing will focus on a variety fo common hiccups that new authors get into. Her guest is Nick Taylor, ebook expert and fantasy author. Last week, Judith and branding expert Laurie Ruff deep dove into the ins and outs of book and author branding. Tune in at 6 Eastern, 5 Central, 4 Mountain, 3 Pacific and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://tinyurl.com/AuthorURadio . You can also go to the Home page of http://www.AuthorU.org, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and are instantly there!
Here’s your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are Author U’s Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Success & Resources
- Amazon’s Latest Proposal Rankles Hachette and #Authors http://t.co/grUmX5fVmC @PublishersWeekly http://t.co/hz4bKaWSru
- Agent Jody Klein seeks clients-Reps literary, commercial, crime, historical plus more via @WritersDigest http://t.co/popcGLGhs0
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
Top global social media influencer @LoriRuff tells why #book and #author branding are must haves-listen to podcast:
- The chances of getting a page 1 listing on Google increase 53 times with video via Forrester Research. http://t.co/K4Q79KJzKe
- How To Create Viral Content (Really): Want your next blog post to go viral. Here’s a tip: Start with a headline- bit.ly/1kHRnSx
- #Author Photos are Gone: Does Google Authorship Still Have Value? http://t.co/030vdNMTfF #smm
- #author J.K. Rowling #publishes “Harry Potter” short story http://t.co/v89etDAI6q
- Not My Job: Author Mary Higgins Clark Gets Quizzed On Writer’s Block ow.ly/yOW5C
Cool and Sometimes Goofy or Downright Unbelievable!
- It took a rocket scientist to redesign the sauce pan is.gd/7NXf3g
- Kids online shopping savvy. A new generation of shopping!linkis.com/buff.ly/45Bga
you can listen to over 120 programs that Author U Founder Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://www.AuthorU.org, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, can go to the radio show’s home page and do the same: http://tinyurl.com/AuthorURadio .
If you are looking for FREE author and book coaching … call in to Judith’s Author Monday Mornings at NOON Eastern each Monday. The number is 218-632-9854; Access Code 1239874444 … have your questions ready–there’s a full hour to ask and listen.
Was this helpful? Get more FREE tips and insight: