May 2 will be BIG for AuthorU members and AuthorU … all day long, it’s AuthorU Day at the Colorado Blvd. Barnes & Noble bookstore.
There will be author signings throughout the day. We will have two tables for signings—two authors at each table and signing times will be 90 minute slots. Twenty authors will have the opportunity to be featured. There are 5 strings attached with this free event.
- You must (or your publisher) be a paid-up member of AuthorU.
- You must (or your publisher) be there in person—you are strongly encouraged to not be a swooper (only there for 90 minutes) … wander the store and give coupons to anyone you see, encouraging them to give it to the cashier at checkout. It doesn’t cost them anything and B&N will make a donation to support and recognize authors.
- Your book(s) MUST be available through a distributor—B&N only works this way.
- You will actively promote the event to one and all via your contacts and social media platforms—bodies and sales will count.
- You will give out the coupons that B&N supplies to us to any and all you can get them to within the store—it doesn’t matter if they buy your book, another AuthorU member’s, or any title within the store … we get credit for it.
If you are interested in being featured (we will be doing a press release on this), contact Judith Briles (Judith@Briles.com) with your name, title, © year, ISBN, price, category and one line describing the book. Please put in the subject line: May book event.
Judith Briles is known as The Book Shepherd a book publishing expert and coach. She is the Founder of Author U, a membership organization created for the serious author who wants to be seriously successful. She’s been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the 80s. Judith is the author of 31 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms (ForeWord Indie/Fab Book of the Year), Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers and a speaker at publishing conferences.
Become part of her inner circle by joining the Author’s Ark and exclusive monthly webinar and coaching event. Each summer, she holds Judith Briles Unplugged, a two and 1/2 day intensive limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. In 2015, the dates are August 27-29th. Her audio and workbook series, Creating Your Book and Author Platform is now available. Join Judith live on Thursdays at 6 p.m. EST for Author U – Your Guide to Book Publishing on the Toginet Network at http://tinyurl.com/AuthorURoadio. Follow @AuthorU and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorU and Judith Briles – TheBookShepherd on Facebook. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact Judith at Judith@Briles.com.
If you are looking for FREE author and book coaching … call in to Judith’s Author Monday Mornings at NOON Eastern each Monday. The number is 218-632-9854; Access Code 1239874444 … have your questions ready–there’s a full hour to ask and listen.