Oh – Oh … did you know that “The Blackhat Forces – under orders from the cruel Dar Nader – can hold your personal data and online reputation hostage?
A serious topic that all authors need to pay attention to. Joining host Dr. Judith Briles, is author and website security expert Greg Jameson. His latest book is Cyber Wars: The Battle for Your Data.
Cyber security is something that affects everyone. Even if you don’t participate in social media or online shopping, today’s world is run by computers and you, and your business is you are at risk. Of course, those who do fully engage in the digital world, especially those who buy and sell via the web, have even greater exposure. Oh-Oh … that’s we authors with all the online marketing that we do.
Huge take-aways include?
- If you have an online presence, you will be attacked at some point. It’s not a question of if, but a question of when.
- There are more threats to your website business now more than ever.
- Hackers use malware, SQL injection, cross-site scripting and more sophisticated techniques to steal your customer data and redirect your traffic, ruining your site’s reputation.
- How to set up firewalls and protect your IP.
- Are you protected for a PUP? … a potentially unwanted program?
- Why you must be in charge of your website—only you should own it.
- Why your website is the most important of your marketing and reputation assets.
- Did you know that your website could SINK your followers websites as well?
- Why you should have cyber insurance.
- How to ID website parasites.
- How to know if your website is under attack.
Learn how hackers attempt to steal your data and what you can do to prevent a cyberattack that could be in your midst. And get the latest on email, phishing scams that could lockout your website.
If you don’t want your reputation and your website to be lost, then the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast is for you. Judith Briles has lots to share in this episode of the AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing podcast.
Listen in at: http://bit.ly/iTunesAuthorPodcast
Listen in at: http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcastGoogle
Listen in at: http://bit.ly/BookPublishingPodcastAmazon