Summer is gone. Fall is here, which kicks off a variety of “hot” sale opportunities to coattail on. From Columbus Day to Halloween to Black whatever to Thanksgiving to Hanukkah to Christmas to fill in the ________. Before you think about the ice and cold of winter, how about heating up your book? What atmosphere you can you create around your book? A previous book? A forthcoming book? In other words … as 2016 winds down, what kind of steaming stream of sales can you create in your book?
- How about a party (of several) in its launching or re-launching?
- How about a re-purposing, creating a variation or an existing book that springs a new one?
- How about creating a video product that you can sell along with your book for added revenues? How about starting a podcast?
- How about creating a Group on Facebook or LinkedIn that positions you as the leader/expert in your topic manner and building new followers/fans who ask questions, add to discussions, create a community?
- How about planning on creating a series of press releases throughout the year announcing events and achievements around your expertise and your book?
- How about creating “your own holiday” … around your book theme or your expertise? It creates an ongoing and annual momentum.
- How about entering AuthorU’s 2017 Draft to Dream Book Competition?—enter now for the early bird discount and then get your manuscript in by April 30th? It will goose you to get your “draft” done. Make a commitment.
Winter isn’t here, but too many authors start pulling back and freezing. It’s FALL … one of the hottest book selling seasons—your ideas and happenings don’t have to be in the cold. For AuthorU members, it’s time to SPRING into action … it’s time to thaw out ideas and bring them to life.
The Farmer’s Almanac is predicting a dicey winter—cold, wet icy. It doesn’t have to be in your book world. The savvy AuthorU member stays warm year round … learning, seeding and growing.
Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. She empowers authors and is the Founder of Author U, a membership organization created for the serious author who wants to be seriously successful. She’s been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the 80s. Judith is the author of 35 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms (ForeWord IndieFab Book of the Year), Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers and a speaker at publishing conferences. Book #35 was published this summer: The How to Avoid 101 Book Publishing Blunders, Bloopers & Boo-Boos. Get your copy now.
Each summer, she holds Judith Briles Book Publishing Unplugged, a three day intensive limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. In 2017, the dates are June 22-24th. Her audio and workbook series, Creating Your Book and Author Platform is now available. Join Judith live on Thursdays at 6 p.m. EST for “AuthorU – Your Guide to Book Publishing” on the Toginet Network at bit.ly/PublishingShow .
Follow @AuthorU and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorU and Judith Briles – TheBookShepherd on Facebook. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact Judith at Judith@Briles.com.
Author U is a non-profit membership organization dedicated to the author who wants to be seriously successful. Monthly education programs delivered face-to-face and online, The Author Resource ezine, BookCamps and the annual Author U Extravaganza are tools designed for authors pre, during and post publishing of their books. Join AuthorU.org today.
If you are looking for FREE author and book coaching … call in to Judith’s Author Monday Mornings at NOON Eastern each Monday. The number is 218-632-9854; Access Code 1239874444 … have your questions ready–there’s a full hour to ask and listen
Was this helpful? Get more FREE tips and insight: