Are You an Author? Should You Be Speaking on Your Book?
By Judith Briles
Here are five reasons to consider becoming an author who speaks:
- Speaking shares your message with more people. You have something to say, right? Isn’t this why you wrote your book? Speaking lets you present your core messages in person. And you sell books.
- Speaking brings in more work. Consultants who speak quickly learn that it generates business and more consulting. If you’ve got a book and you consult on your book’s topic, speaking begets more speaking invites.
- Speaking supports your expert positioning. Expert is not exclusive to nonfiction authors … it’s for all types of authors – from nonfiction writers to novelists to memoirists. The word “expert” is one of the most widely searched terms when individuals are on the prowl for help online.
- Your fans want to hear from you. Yes, yes, they do. Whether they deserve it or not, authors are admired by non-authors. That’s another yes, yes you are.
- You can earn more money from your book. Many groups pay you to speak. And many don’t. What I do know is that Speaking sells books—lots of them.
If that’s what you want … then it’s how mouth will travel. Get started. Tips on creating what I call the Cash-Cow 2-Step are here.
And, make sure you have my nine times award-winning book, How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech. If you don’t, you can get it on Amazon.
Finally, come to Denver in March and spend two days with me. It’s Speaking Unplugged.
My two bits for this week.
Dr. Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and author of 37 multi-award books. She’s guided over 1,000 authors in creating their books, earned in excess of $3,000,000 in speaking fees based on her books and gathered over $2,000,000 in onsite book sales at her speaking gigs. Her latest book, How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech flips a difficult topic into a simple and easily comprehensible plan. If you want to get into speaking, this is the guide that will be the game-changer to success.
Listen to The Book Shepherd’s weekly podcast: AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing.
Check the Events tab on The Book Shepherd for Judith’s annual Speaking Unplugged, Book Publishing Unplugged, and Book Marketing Unplugged 2-day workshops.