Over 80% of Americans think they want to write a book. Is that you? Do you know the “why” of why your book should be available to others? And, do you need to learn the basics of publishing, what it takes to turn your vision, your words, into a print book? Dr. Judith Briles, The Book Shepherd,™ will show and teach you how at her exclusive Publishing 101 Workshop for Newbies.
Designed in an all-day workshop guided by Judith, Publishing 101 Workshop for Newbies is for those who think they want to write a book; who want to write a book; are currently working on a book; and want to discover the publishing options that are viable today. It’s the first step … a baby step, but a huge one.
The Publishing 101 Workshop for Newbies has been created for you if these questions are in your space and you are feeling lost in the forest of authoring and publishing: Should I publish? How do I get started? What do I do? Which way should I go? Help!
It’s time to get found.
Judith will cover book mapping; how to create a catchy title; how to kick-start getting money; what is the publishing process from start to finish; and how to get started. The workshop is filled with creative activities to get your juices flowing. Plus, you’ll get some quiet time to write and get feedback. All in the comfort of her home and with her guidance.
Come network with other authors to be and get direction and guidance from The Book Shepherd to start your publishing journey.
There are two available sessions this summer: June 28th and July 20th. Each session will be from 9:00-4:00, and lunch and snacks will be included.
Space availability: limited to 20
Location: Judith’s Salon, Deck, and Yard in Aurora, Colorado
Are you ready to take the Publishing Plunge?
Choose the date that you’d like to start your publishing journey below.
July 20th Publishing 101 Workshop for Newbies
How to Avoid Book Publishing Blunders … and How to Recover When You Make Them!
Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM MDT
Whether you are just beginning the author journey or think you are an old pro, the publishing maze has a few tricks up its sleeve. Contracts can snarl you, marketing can swamp you, and social media can suck your energy. No wonder authors become comatose—no longer, after this highly interactive, fun and “aha” session.
Your takeaways will include:
• Identifying the 7 deadly sins that too many authors make.
• Learn what the “escape” clause is that every author needs to include in a traditional publishing contract.
• Come away with great tips and tricks to goose up your open rate on blogs and emails.
• Embrace the strategy to deliver “Best Seller” status on Amazon without spending money or gathering up a bunch of gifts as inducements to buy your book on launch day
Dr. Judith Briles, the award-winning and best-selling author of 37 books, including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms, Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Publishers, The CrowdFunding Guide for Authors & Writers, and How to Avoid Book Publishing Blunders, Bloopers, and Boo-Boos. How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech, was released in 2018 and When God Says NO released in 2019.
To date, her books have been translated into 16 countries with over 1,000,000 copies sold! Judith’s books and work have been featured in over 1,000 radio and TV shows including repeat appearances on CNN, CNBC, and Oprah. She has worked with over 1,000 authors and created 500 plus best-sellers. Print publications include Newsweek, People, Time, The Wall Street Journal, Working Woman and … The National Enquirer!
Based in Colorado, she is the founding Partner in The Book Shepherd, a book and publishing consulting and project management firm that works with authors at all stages of their book to create a book they never regret!
Create a Killer Press Release
How to Create the Ultimate BOOK Hook
at our Mini Extravaganza … a Publicity Palooza!
How to Write Killer Press Releases That Sell Books
Nine out of 10 author press releases belong in the trash bin. The Publicity Hound will show you how to write a killer press release for your fiction or nonfiction launch, and give you ideas galore for other types of releases you can write throughout your publishing career. You will learn:
- The 9 elements of the perfect launch press release.
- Samples of press releases for fiction and nonfiction.
- The best free and paid press release distribution services.
- Key elements to include in your releases so you sell books in bulk, get invitations to speak, and invite the media to call on you when they need sources and interviews.
- Easy ways to come up with your own press release ideas by helping other authors on the hot seat.
Book Hooks: Fun, Timely, Compelling Angles for Pitching Your Book
If you can’t think of at least a half dozen juicy angles to pitch to the media so they cover you and your book, help is on the way. The Publicity Hound will give you more than a dozen hooks you can use to promote your expertise, your topic, and your book. You will learn:
- The difference between a press release and a pitch, and why they work hand in hand.
- The easiest place to start your publicity campaign.
- Unusual angles for fiction authors, including ways to promote your expertise.
- Fun hooks that most other authors would never think of using.
- Easy ways to come up with your own ideas for book hooks and angles by helping other authors on the hot seat.
Let’s send off The Publicity Hound in style!
This will be JOAN STEWART’s FINAL Presentation!
SITE: CADA … 290 E. Speer Blvd., Denver CO
DATE: September 7th from 8.30 to 4 … Lunch included
REGISTER: space is limited. AuthorYOU VIP members $87 … NonMembers $107 through August 15th
(prices increase $20 post)
BELOW are the LINKS to REGISTER:
Early bird member $87
Early birds End on August 15th – prices increase $20
Ready to discover HOW TO use Pinterest to work for you?
Get ready for a deep dive session into the nuts and bolts on how to use all the tools Pinterest has created for you to be successful on its platform.
Heather Delaccio is a Pinterest expert and will be your guide through September’s kickoff AuthorYOU Saturday pro you would have all the important information in one place and not spend weeks hunting through blogs and help centers. Take a deep breath and get ready to jump into an information-loaded workshop.
You will learn how to:
- create the ideal Boards for your expertise and book
- take advantage of Pinterest’s analytical tools
- create a Business page … and why you should
- promote YOU and YOUR BOOK
- and MUCH MORE …
Make sure you bring your laptop — you want to be plugged in so that what you are hearing and seeing can be implemented as the morning progresses.
Cost: $22 for VIP AuthorYOU members; $32 for Nonmembers
After September 1, prices increase $10
VIP AuthorYOU Members Register Here ($22)
Non AuthorYOU Members Register Here ($32)
Location: Library — either Smokey Hill or Koebel (will be announced in August)