How to Avoid Book Publishing Blunders … and How to Recover When You Make Them!
Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM MDT
Whether you are just beginning the author journey or think you are an old pro, the publishing maze has a few tricks up its sleeve. Contracts can snarl you, marketing can swamp you, and social media can suck your energy. No wonder authors become comatose—no longer, after this highly interactive, fun and “aha” session.
Your takeaways will include:
• Identifying the 7 deadly sins that too many authors make.
• Learn what the “escape” clause is that every author needs to include in a traditional publishing contract.
• Come away with great tips and tricks to goose up your open rate on blogs and emails.
• Embrace the strategy to deliver “Best Seller” status on Amazon without spending money or gathering up a bunch of gifts as inducements to buy your book on launch day
Dr. Judith Briles, the award-winning and best-selling author of 37 books, including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms, Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Publishers, The CrowdFunding Guide for Authors & Writers, and How to Avoid Book Publishing Blunders, Bloopers, and Boo-Boos. How to Create a $1,000,000 Speech, was released in 2018 and When God Says NO released in 2019.
To date, her books have been translated into 16 countries with over 1,000,000 copies sold! Judith’s books and work have been featured in over 1,000 radio and TV shows including repeat appearances on CNN, CNBC, and Oprah. She has worked with over 1,000 authors and created 500 plus best-sellers. Print publications include Newsweek, People, Time, The Wall Street Journal, Working Woman and … The National Enquirer!
Based in Colorado, she is the founding Partner in The Book Shepherd, a book and publishing consulting and project management firm that works with authors at all stages of their book to create a book they never regret!
Create a Killer Press Release
How to Create the Ultimate BOOK Hook
at our Mini Extravaganza … a Publicity Palooza!
How to Write Killer Press Releases That Sell Books
Nine out of 10 author press releases belong in the trash bin. The Publicity Hound will show you how to write a killer press release for your fiction or nonfiction launch, and give you ideas galore for other types of releases you can write throughout your publishing career. You will learn:
- The 9 elements of the perfect launch press release.
- Samples of press releases for fiction and nonfiction.
- The best free and paid press release distribution services.
- Key elements to include in your releases so you sell books in bulk, get invitations to speak, and invite the media to call on you when they need sources and interviews.
- Easy ways to come up with your own press release ideas by helping other authors on the hot seat.
Book Hooks: Fun, Timely, Compelling Angles for Pitching Your Book
If you can’t think of at least a half dozen juicy angles to pitch to the media so they cover you and your book, help is on the way. The Publicity Hound will give you more than a dozen hooks you can use to promote your expertise, your topic, and your book. You will learn:
- The difference between a press release and a pitch, and why they work hand in hand.
- The easiest place to start your publicity campaign.
- Unusual angles for fiction authors, including ways to promote your expertise.
- Fun hooks that most other authors would never think of using.
- Easy ways to come up with your own ideas for book hooks and angles by helping other authors on the hot seat.
Let’s send off The Publicity Hound in style!
This will be JOAN STEWART’s FINAL Presentation!
SITE: CADA … 290 E. Speer Blvd., Denver CO
DATE: September 7th from 8.30 to 4 … Lunch included
REGISTER: space is limited. AuthorYOU VIP members $87 … NonMembers $107 through August 15th
(prices increase $20 post)
BELOW are the LINKS to REGISTER:
Early bird member $87
Early birds End on August 15th – prices increase $20