Question: When should authors start marketing their books and use social media?
Answer: The day they start thinking that they will write and publish a book.
Okay … so most authors don’t respond, “I did exactly that.”
So, let’s reframe the question. How about:
Question: When should authors start marketing and using social media tools to implement their book and author success?
Answer: For both– NOW.
Question: Can I do both at the same time for my book and author success?
Answer: YES … You can. Register and attend Judith Briles COMBO Book Marketing & Social Media Unplugged ONLINE November 19-20.
- When your car begins to make an awful noise and just stops, you know you have a problem … right? Who do you call for help?
- When your basement is flooded; when you noticed that there are watermarks on your ceiling; or that water is seeping through your window edges, you have a problem … right? Who do you call for help?
- When your computer goes blank and doesn’t respond, you know you have a problem … right? Who do you call for help?
BUT … what about marketing your book? What about untangling the confusion of social media? Who do you call to untangle it all?
Judith Briles … that’s who you call.
If that is you, then how much time are you spending working on a marketing solution? What about social media and using it within your marketing strategies. What are you investing in your time, energy and money to learn and create a plan that works? Savvy authors have learned that you cannot solve your marketing problem the next day by simply repeating what you did yesterday, last week, last month … or certainly, last year. That’s author insanity.
SOLUTION: Spend two afternoons with me in November. Attend and participate in the ONLINE ZOOM Dr. Judith Briles Book Marketing & Social Media Unplugged. Successful authors believe and practice: if my author success is to be … it’s up to me.
Join me for the COMBO Book Marketing and Social Media Unplugged in November. It’s a two-afternoon intensive … And YES, there will be hot seats for each participant. You will be sent the workbook to download and PRINT out prior to the 15th of November.
Dates: November 19-20, starting at NOON MT to 4.30 pm each day. We start on time. It will be recorded. All registrants will get recordings. And, there is a workbook that will be sent to you prior to the 19th. The wise author will PRINT it out.
Location: Zoom on your computer—the exclusive link will be emailed to you.
REGISTER: Early Bird registration is $277 for AuthorYOU members and $377 for Nonmembers through November 7th. Prices increase $50 on Monday, November 8th.
Be there …
Calling ALL Authors and Authors-To-Be!
It’s an Author and Writer 1 ½ Day
Did you know that over 80% of the public thinks there is a book in them? Are you part of the 80%? Want to learn what your options are in getting yours from your head; from all those loose notes that have piled up over the years; want to add “published author” behind your name this year?
Is this your COME BACK Year? Is 2022 the year that makes the difference for you? Are you ready to:
- Jump into your publishing dreams, turning them into reality?
- Create a new book or repurposing an old one?
- Do a refresher on what’s happening in publishing today?
- Or do you need to just hang out … to mingle with other writers and authors?
Part of AuthorYOU’s mission is to educate emerging authors on how to write, publish and market their books. Part is two take achieving authors to a higher level of success. And part is to create a support community of networking and information streams. AuthorYOU is for the author who wants to be seriously successful.
Today’s publishing is a journey loaded with twists, turns, and potholes. AuthorYOU will prep, guide, and demonstrate:
- The latest in marketing strategies that will create your tipping point.
- Essential information about editing your book that will turn your head.
- Book Reviews – how to get them and what to do when you do.
- Master the “art” of story writing for both fiction and nonfiction that creates “the opening grab”.
- Ideas to spin you, your book and expertise to the viral sphere.
- How to create a hero, not a zero, when it comes to book cover design.
- Interior designs with a twist that become page-turners.
- How to propel yourself and rise above the publishing marketplace with social media and metadata.
- Tips on avoiding the mistakes most authors make.
- The ABCs of eBooks.
- How to say “Bye-Bye to BORING” presentations and trainings.
- Write and publish a book that grabs your reader.
- What to expect when you are expecting—the dollars, cents, and sense of publishing is today.
+++ TWO special ticketed items. Barb Wilson will deliver an “early arrival” workshop Thursday afternoon fueled by the stellar results 9 Blocks of Writing program she delivered at the Breckenridge Extravaganza in 2018 to shout out evals. For those who want to join in for dinner Friday evening—there will be a special desert: humor entertainment with funny, funny comic Nancy Norton–we promise, she’s a hoot.
You can, and it’s happening when January kicks off … the perfect time to kickstart your author success 2022 strategy. Get registered NOW to grab your seat. Space will be limited.
Your Presenters Are:
IP Attorney Julie Bernard, Book Designer Nick Zelinger, Book Reviews Expert Patti Thorn & Patty Moosbrugger Book and eBook Designer Rebecca Finkel, Book Marketing Expert John Kremer, Internet Product Creator & Designer Daniel Hall, Virtual Presentations and Webinar Guru Jaclyn Kostner, AudioBook Wizard Richard Rieman, Wordsmith and Editing Expert Barb Wilson, and Book Publishing and Marketing Expert Judith Briles.
WHEN: Friday and Saturday, January 14-15, 2022
FRIDAY January 14 8 am – 5 pm … General Session Workshops
The Author Gong Show at Noon
SATURDAY 7 am to Noon … General Session Workshops
Sunrise Workshop at
For early arrivals: THURSDAY, January 13 3 – 6 pm – The Secrets of the 9 Blocks of Writing Power with Barb Wilson
FRIDAY Night Dinner and Entertainment
WHERE: Doubletree Denver Hotel, 13696 E. Iliff Place, Aurora CO
*** Free Shuttle from Denver International Airport
COST: Early Bird ends, Regular increases $100 after December AuthorYOU members – $227; Nonmembers – $327
After December 27 (Tardy Bird Registration): AuthorYOU members – $327; Nonmembers – $427
General Admission Tickets – $327;
HOTEL ROOMS: $115 available until December 15
Call: 1-800-445-8667 and ask for the AuthorYou group block at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Denver-Aurora.
Book your hotel room here: https://bit.ly/ExtravaganzaHotel
It’s a YES … YES, YOU CAN publishing event. Get ready to dump any beliefs that you can’t publish a book successfully. And sell books. And make money.
AuthorYOU and The Book Shepherd will deliver to you the “how-to”. The how-to create a book cover that grabs a viewer from the get-go. The how-to of creating a book that the reader “falls in” between the covers. The how-to in becoming successful in a very crowded field.