Create a Killer Press Release
How to Create the Ultimate BOOK Hook
at our Mini Extravaganza … a Publicity Palooza!
How to Write Killer Press Releases That Sell Books
Nine out of 10 author press releases belong in the trash bin. The Publicity Hound will show you how to write a killer press release for your fiction or nonfiction launch, and give you ideas galore for other types of releases you can write throughout your publishing career. You will learn:
- The 9 elements of the perfect launch press release.
- Samples of press releases for fiction and nonfiction.
- The best free and paid press release distribution services.
- Key elements to include in your releases so you sell books in bulk, get invitations to speak, and invite the media to call on you when they need sources and interviews.
- Easy ways to come up with your own press release ideas by helping other authors on the hot seat.
Book Hooks: Fun, Timely, Compelling Angles for Pitching Your Book
If you can’t think of at least a half dozen juicy angles to pitch to the media so they cover you and your book, help is on the way. The Publicity Hound will give you more than a dozen hooks you can use to promote your expertise, your topic, and your book. You will learn:
- The difference between a press release and a pitch, and why they work hand in hand.
- The easiest place to start your publicity campaign.
- Unusual angles for fiction authors, including ways to promote your expertise.
- Fun hooks that most other authors would never think of using.
- Easy ways to come up with your own ideas for book hooks and angles by helping other authors on the hot seat.
Let’s send off The Publicity Hound in style!
This will be JOAN STEWART’s FINAL Presentation!
SITE: CADA … 290 E. Speer Blvd., Denver CO
DATE: September 7th from 8.30 to 4 … Lunch included
REGISTER: space is limited. AuthorYOU VIP members $87 … NonMembers $107 through August 15th
(prices increase $20 post)
BELOW are the LINKS to REGISTER:
Early bird VIP AuthorYOU Members $87 (only register through this link if you are a paid AuthorYOU member)
Non AuthorYOU Members – $107
Early bird Ends on August 15th – All prices increase $20
The Board of the Colorado Authors’ Hall of Fame is delighted and honored to announce the first Induction class for the Hall. The living and passed authors will be celebrated at the event planned in Denver, Colorado on Saturday, September 14, 2019.
Put the date on your calendar. Plan on attending. Denver’s Mix 100 and award-winning author Dom Testa will emcee the Induction.
Attendees will receive a signed poster created especially for the event by internationally recognized Colorado photographer John Fielder.
Joyce Meskis, the founder of the Tattered Cover and author and publishing advocate extraordinaire will be honored with the Hall’s Life Time Achievement award.
Celebrate with Colorado as we honor the words, the work, and the legacies of authors connected to Colorado in their writing or life:
Marilyn Van Derbur Atler
W C Jameson
Mary Taylor Young
George Cory Franklin
Minnie J Reynolds
Ann Hayman Zwinger
Life-Time Achievement for the Support of Authors
The celebration site is Marriott Courtyard, 1475 South Colorado Blvd, Denver CO 80228
Tickets are limited. Get yours NOW before they run out.
$75 ($50 is tax-deductible) – available on the website: https://ColoradoAuthorsHallOfFame.org
Dress, even a little bling!
Ready to discover HOW TO use Pinterest to work for you?
Get ready for a deep dive session into the nuts and bolts on how to use all the tools Pinterest has created for you to be successful on its platform.
Heather Delaccio is a Pinterest expert and will be your guide through September’s kickoff AuthorYOU Saturday pro you would have all the important information in one place and not spend weeks hunting through blogs and help centers. Take a deep breath and get ready to jump into an information-loaded workshop.
You will learn how to:
- create the ideal Boards for your expertise and book
- take advantage of Pinterest’s analytical tools
- create a Business page … and why you should
- promote YOU and YOUR BOOK
- and MUCH MORE …
Make sure you bring your laptop — you want to be plugged in so that what you are hearing and seeing can be implemented as the morning progresses.
Cost: $22 for VIP AuthorYOU members; $32 for Nonmembers
After September 1, prices increase $10
VIP AuthorYOU Members Register Here ($22)
Non AuthorYOU Members Register Here ($32)
Location: Library — either Smokey Hill or Koebel (will be announced in August)