Working with Bookstores
IN-PERSON …Saturday, November 6, 2021
This is a Vaccinated Event
Authoring and publishing a book is a major event. And accomplishment. Your local bookstore could be the door opener at the beginning of the process; during; and post when you have book in hand. Do you know what steps to take in engaging a bookseller … what specific questions you should ask … plus what exactly you should be giving one about you and your book?
Start with Pre and During book development including what to do 3 to 6 months prior to publication:
- Why you should attend store events.
- Ideas on building your support community.
- Items you should be doing online.
- What to include on your website.
- How to reach out to a distributor.
- Tips on bold spine design that gets attention.
- Nurturing your author etiquette.
- Tips on how to work with the Tattered Cover.
Then when you have a Printed book:
- Must have elements to include on your Book Sell Sheet.
- Why blurbs are the next best thing to word-of-mouth buzz.
- How often to follow up with a bookseller.
- When to set up a book event.
Presenter: Jon Marcantoni, Colorado Author Coordinator for the Tattered Cover is the presenter.
This is a vaccinated event.
WHEN: Saturday, November 6
TIME: 9 am Mountain
WHERE: Smokey Hill Library – 5430 S Biscay Circle, Centennial CO
COST: $25 AuthorYOU members, $35 nonmembers. Prices increase $10 on November 2
AuthorYOU Members Sign Up Here $25