Today is National Go Caroling Day … perfect for this time of the year.
1 Book awards are in the book mix again. USA Book News offers paid up Author U members a $10 discount when entering book awards contest. Here’s the link to get yours: http://usabooknews.com/authoru.html
2 Hurry and reserve your seat! Early Bird ends December 27th. Learn the 6 Must-Focus-On Areas to Build Readership, Increase Book Sales and Gain Exposure as an Author for 2013! Here’s what we are covering in a jam-packed day:
- Social Media: What social networks to be on, what to say, how to get more likes and shares, website integration and more!
- Branding and Message: What to brand, how most mess it up, what to consider, plus an exercise to gain brand and message clarity
- List-Building: Should you build an email list (yes); what are the easiest ways to do it; how do you get more book sales out of your list; which is best for you?— ConstantContact /iContact /MailChimp – which to choose and what you didn’t know about email marketing.
- Product Development: Walk away with a plan for building your product empire and growing your business to a 6-figure success.
- Website Breakdown and Planning: Does your website work … or does it suck? Get the critical components that generates results, plenty of examples with a focus on planning what can be updated in your own online presence
- Content and Blogging: Create a plan for content so you are no longer overwhelmed and confused, but excited and soaring past your competition
YOU are invited to this special January edition of BookCamp slated for Saturday, January 19th from 8:30am to 4:00pm
Location: Hilton Garden Inn Denver Tech Center
Cost: Members $99 early bird through 12/27, Non-Members $129 early bird
Register at: http://www.AuthorU.org
3 Today, Your Guide to Book Publishing will focus on book strategies, bookstores and author launches for fiction and nonfiction with Amy Collins. Tune in at 6 Eastern, 5 Central, 4 Mountain, 3 Pacific and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone. Remember—you can go to the AuthorU.org website, scroll down on the Home page and see the last five shows—just click and you are instantly there!
Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. ~Robert Collier
Here’s your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are Author U’s Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Success & Resources
Traditional Publishing And Self-Publishing Are Not Mutually Exclusive http://t.co/gAbRPIza
7 Habits of Web-Savvy Entrepreneurs http://ow.ly/gaHIO
Ever Considered Launching a Membership Site? http://t.co/DrMeIZvI
Embrace. Extend. Empower. – 3 C’s of #Content Marketing | http://t.co/NJVJElZf
A Book Editor Speaks: The Challenge of the First Chapters http://t.co/zaQP1Gjm
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
The Best Times To Post To Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & Other Social Networks [Infographic] http://ow.ly/fN6eM
Write a book review for your blog http://t.co/itjvKuUt
7 Twitter Tips to Boost Sales http://t.co/g5a9qOXM
7 common sense ways to beef up your social media presence—authors and books need this. http://ow.ly/fLNGm
This Is Cool
Any book dedicated to kids & others in CT will be converted into Ebooks FREE of cost. Send books to: firstname.lastname@example.org
15 Weird Christmas Books | http://t.co/yhs9RBfL
Bonus: Last week’s Your Guide to Book Publishing was with Amber Ludwig who revealed her marketing strategies for authors for a variety of genres. http://rsrn.us/youpublish or you can download directly from the AuthorU.org website.
This afternoon, Amber Ludwig will explore book and author launches for a variety of genres. You can link to it off the Home page on the AuthorU.org website.
Don’t forget to fill out “About” on your FB page. It’s what people see! Add your URL there. And make sure that it shows your email to contact you at, not FB’s
Not following Author U on Twitter? Change that and follow: @AuthorU
Not in Author U LinkedIn Group? Join on LinkedIn today.
If you are looking for FREE author and book coaching … call in to Judith’s Author Monday Mornings at NOON Eastern each Monday. The number is 218-632-9854; Access Code 1239874444 … have your questions ready–there’s a full hour to ask and listen.
Latest posts by Judith Briles (see all)
Was this helpful? Get more FREE tips and insight: