The leaves are turning Gold, and so are things at AuthorU… 3 Ways to Get the Most out of Your New Gold Membership.
~Philippa Burgess, Director, AuthorU.org
AuthorU is turning a new leaf. We are announcing three new levels of AuthorU membership.
If you are an active member, your current membership is being transitioned to GOLD. This is now the intermediate level of membership. This is exactly where you want to be as an author with the necessary commitment to educate yourself, connect with like-minded individuals, and learn from professionals who can help you realize your writing, publishing and marketing goals. This level includes access to AuthorU’s extensive library of archived webinars and training materials and includes special Early Bird pricing for all AuthorU events.
This new site will be active this week and you will be getting an email confirming your transition.
If you are not a member, you can go to AuthorU.org and join. For Gold membership it’s $99 a year or $9.99 a month.
Welcome to Autumn and welcome to GOLD! As the new Director here at AuthorU, I am also pleased to announce the publishing of my first book which has spouted forth from my membership and involvement with AuthorU this past eighteen months. I now see an even deeper value of leaning in and showing up as I move into the marketing and sales process – and since as Judith likes to say, “books breed”, on to writing and publishing my next one. I have upped my membership level to BESTSELLER, but that’s a story for another time (and at that time, perhaps you will too).
Whatever your own writing, publishing or marketing goals are —
Here are 3 ways to be sure you get the most of your GOLD membership.
1) Attend live events in Colorado and virtual events from home or on the road
- You will want to be sure to attend the AuthorU Extravaganza September 15-17, 2016 in Denver. Take advantage of your Early Bird discount rates.
- You have a great opportunity to be educated and inspired at the AuthorU Online Book Publishing Summit, February 26 – 27, 2016. You can attend the live streaming events or access all of the recordings to listen to on your own time.
- Participate in AuthorU Mentoring Mondays. These calls are free. Just call in to ask questions and learn from others in the book writing, publishing and marketing process.
- Join Webinar Gold live broadcasts or catch the replay in the extensive webinar library in the membership area.
- Sign up to participate in Salons and Tech Tool Boxes as well as the many community building, book promotion and selling opportunities AuthorU hosts each year.
2) Listen, Read & Connect
- Read the Quarterly AuthorU Resource Ezine packed with tips, member news, and information about moving your book forward faster.
- Listen to AuthorU Founder Judith Briles on the radio. These podcasts are easily accessible to listen to from your computer or phone.
- Connect with other members of AuthorU. Like them, friend them, follow them, share their posts, buy their book, review them on Amazon, and chat them up from time to time. We’ve got a great membership who are all moving forward building their platforms, and together we can raise the profile and visibility of all of our members for our mutual benefit.
- Give us feedback and share your ideas and intentions. Reach out to Philippa anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org. We love to hear from you.
3) Take full advantage of the great network of professionals and discounted author services.
- AuthorU has great Premium Partners and Associate Members. These are trusted companies. Together they provide everything an author could need to get through the publishing maze. Look to learn from them too.
- AuthorU members get discounts and freebies from our Partners and other businesses who support the publishing community with Gold members getting special perks. Get discounts on a range of services from consulting, creative, web, printing and marketing. Take advantage of these money saving opportunities.
- Order your free subscription to Foreword Magazine, covering the independent publishing scene. The coupon code can be found when you sign in to the new member site (once you’ve received your transition confirmation email).
- You don’t need (or want to) go it alone. Get your book done and launched successfully into the market place with help. Coaches, editors, consultants, designers, printers and fellow authors with a wide range of expertise are all part of this dynamic community and ready to help make your book dreams real.
Welcome to your new AuthorU. Remember that working together as authors, we can do far more than working alone. If you need a reminder of this, just read the acknowledgment page of any book. It takes a village. And our village is now filled with GOLD!
Philippa Burgess is the new Administrative Director of AuthorU. She is the author of Inspirations and Ideals and is at work on her next book created for authors on how to turn their books into film. She can be reached at Philippa@AuthorU.org.
Author U is a non-profit membership organization dedicated to the author who wants to be seriously successful. Monthly education programs delivered face-to-face and online, The Author Resource ezine, BookCamps and the annual Author U Extravaganza are tools designed for authors pre, during and post publishing of their books. Join AuthorU.org today.
If you are looking for FREE author and book coaching … call in to Judith’s Author Monday Mornings at NOON Eastern each Monday. The number is 218-632-9854; Access Code 1239874444 … have your questions ready–there’s a full hour to ask and listen
Latest posts by Judith Briles (see all)
Was this helpful? Get more FREE tips and insight: