You will see lots of changes under the AuthorU umbrella over the next two months.
We are STREAMLINING! AuthorU will be transitioning to a rebranded AuthorYOU. The membership site that many of you have had challenges with since the conversion two years ago will be archived and membership will revert to the Meetup site. This means that any payments made for Activities and Events will process via PayPal via the site.
Much of the material you currently receive or attend will now be streamlined and provided in the Three Tiers of Success under the TheBookShepherd.com’s website.
Under the streamlined three Tiers of Success under AuthorYOU and The Book Shepherd® you will find:
- The Book Shepherd Daily
- Weekly Podcasts
- Weekly Blogs
- Weekly ezine – Book Publishing Tips from The Book Shepherd®
- Monthly Webinars
- Resources: Publishing Services Providers Vetted and Recommended
- First Saturday membership in AuthorYOU Circles via Meetup.com
All in Tier One Plus:
- Exclusive Webinars that will include any offers within the cost of the webinar.
- Author Friendly Fridays – two different time slots to choose from for Phone coaching – monthly $29
- Publishing Service Providers discounts. Annual $50
- The AuthorYOU BookCamps will continue special topic-specific workshops that will be held on one or two Saturdays yearly with a registration fee
- The AuthorYOU Extravaganza – Fee-based at time of registration
- Holiday Party and Summer BBQ with a nominal fee
- Online videos and classes
All in Tier One and Two plus:
For those of you who want to work directly with Judith Briles via consulting, TheBookShepherd.com will carry new ADVANCED options like “Watch me noodle your book”, a small group coaching via the Close Up and Through My Eyes sessions – limited to three authors.
- Write Your Book in 4 Weeks (online and in-person)
- The Author’s Ark (combined online and webinar—topic specific, four to six sessions)
- Pick Judith’s Brain (hourly consulting)
- The Book Shepherd® monthly contract
- Close Up and Through My Eyes
- Book Publishing Unplugged Bootcamp
- Speaking Unplugged Bootcamp
- Publishing at Sea
- CrowdFunding Online Course
- Featured in Annual Author Autumn Tea
- Featured in Annual B&N Book Faire
Author Mentoring Monday is moving to Author Friendly Friday:
This weekly coaching call will now be Author Friendly Friday under Tier Two and Tier Three. You now have a choice of two distinct times for your convenience.
The new Author Friendly Fridays: Will have TWO one-hour slots each Friday: 7 a.m. and Noon (Mountain Time). I will do the solo 7 a.m. call-in; Michele DeFlippo of 1106 Design will join me at the Noon timeframe. Ask your questions and get answers. You can remain for the entire hour and listen in after you do “you ask”; or you can hang up and continue your day.
The Podcast will remain and be syndicated: AuthorYOU -Your Guide to Book Publishing, plus I will be adding additional shows on the Authors Radio Network … all the shows will be carried for downloading on TheBookShepherd.com website as well as iTunes.
AuthorU membership is changing:
Annual paid membership will phase out as it currently is. All renewals were stopped in October. Those who have outstanding memberships will get the discounts through the term of their membership, along with the author/publishing coaching that is currently held on Mentoring Monday. Once your annual membership is expired then the subscription model will transition to a monthly phone coaching subscription under Tier Two which will allow maximum flexibility for your author/publishing coaching needs.
What is the difference with Author U and AuthorYOU?
The new streamlined AuthorYOU will be focusing on the kickoff of The Colorado Authors Hall of Fame and building the Authors Radio Network.
- Monthly 1st Saturday CADA Events are changing to Author YOU BookCamps (no more than two a year).
Saturday monthly and video events at CADA are being streamlined. Next year, expect a few topic-specific workshops on a Saturday more along the ¾ day workshop versus the current every month Saturday 3-hour model – this will maximize the content received and give you more of your Saturday’s back.
- There will not be an annual AuthorU membership fee. Instead, you will have a “menu” to select from what you want when an event is offered that has registration requirements
- FREE Monthly Saturday AuthorYOU MEETUPS are staying under the AuthorYOU banner with Meetup.com. They will be held each month in Judith Briles’ home. With the exception of February 2018, all will be on the first Saturday of the month. Judith provides the coffee and tea—attendees bring a snack to share and new socks—that’s the cost to come and get up to 3 hours of hands-on learning and get any question you have asked, answered.
For Author gatherings that are FREE and you are in Colorado, this is where you should transition to: https://www.meetup.com/AuthorYOU.
Join for Free and you will notice activities there through March 2018. If you are already on the Meetup AuthorU, it will remain, and I will post duplicate info for authors to have time to transition. Please switch your AuthorU Meetup to AuthorYOU at the link above.
- The annual Extravaganza: will have some new twists, including the Book PitchFest. Thomson-Shore’s Publishing Group will sponsor it—15 authors will “pitch” their book concept in less than 5 minutes each; one will be selected by 5 judges for the Grand Prize—editing, design, layout, print … hot! Dates are August 24-25, 2018—we may add on a special “pre” workshop on the 23rd.
The Thompson-Shore Book Pitchfest replaces the Draft to Dream Book Competition.
- Author Monday Morning announcements will disappear as well as the blogs. The Book Shepherd site delivers a blog twice a week and will start a short ezine: Book Publishing Tips with The BookShepherd® with tips for the weekend.
What you should do now:
- If you aren’t currently a member of the Meetup.com Author YOU – join: https://www.meetup.com/AuthorYOU. Gatherings are now posted November through March next year. This is a limited space gathering and free. If you sign up and don’t show more than twice, you will get “the boot” from the group. No shows prevent waiting list authors from attending.
- Have a “come to book chat” with yourself. Are you just diddling with publishing and really don’t want to learn about how to be successful or market books? If that’s you, stick with Tier One – Author Success Freebies for All Levels …. Read the blogs, listen to the podcasts, view the webinars and attend the Meetup Author YOU when you can.
- BUT … if you truly want to be successful, then you will be in either Tier Two – Author Success Tools to Get Serious … or Tier Three – Author Success Advanced Coaching and Book Shepherding Options. Information will be posted on TheBookShepherd.com before year-end.
- Attend the final AuthorU regular meeting this Saturday—there are about 10 spots left.
- Attend the final Holiday Party open to all on December 15th. That will also have limited space, so get registered.
Change is always a challenge, but it’s a good challenge. I’m excited and look forward to having you on the journey … are you up to it?
Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. She empowers authors and is the Founder of AuthorU.org, a membership organization created for the serious author who wants to be seriously successful. She’s been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the ’80s. Judith is the author of 35 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms (Foreword IndieFab Book of the Year), Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers and a speaker at publishing conferences. Book #35 was published in 2016: How to Avoid 101 Book Publishing Blunders, Bloopers & Boo-Boos. Get your copy now.
Each summer, she holds Judith Briles Book Publishing Unplugged, a three-day intensive limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. In 2017, the dates are June 22-24th. Her audio and workbook series, Creating Your Book and Author Platform is now available. Join Judith live on Thursdays at 6 p.m. EST for “AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing” on the Toginet Network at bit.ly/PublishingShow.
Follow @AuthorU and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorU, and join the Facebook group Book Publishing with The Book Shepherd. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact Judith at Judith@Briles.com.
AuthorU® and The Book Shepherd® are registered trademarks
Was this helpful? Get more FREE tips and insight: