A day doesn’t go by when questions don’t come in via phone or email asking about “which” printer to use for a book.
The companies below I have personally printed my own books with as well as referred hundreds of authors to directly and mentioned them on my podcast. Therefore, each is highly recommended.
Total Printing Systems
250 to 1500 is their sweet spot. Excellent quality in children’s’ books and color. Has some terrific tools and …
It’s simple – proofing is important. Proofs give you the ability to catch errors in both your text and cover files and make corrections before it’s too late. Keep in mind that your printed proof should not be used as your initial attempt at proofreading – your files should be fully edited and as perfect as possible when submitted to the printer. Your printer will not proofread for content; they are only looking for issues …
Lorilyn Roberts came to me with a book cover re-design project and her current book cover was not all that bad. I think I mentioned that the font was kind of “masculine” (Meaning boxy and dated) and she mentioned that the girl on the front needed some hair AND some CLOTHING so she didn’t look naked.
I didn’t find much magic in the image but there was still something about what WAS there that created interest so …
Susan RoAne is the leading expert in how to connect with anyone in any room at a time. It’s what every author needs to know and do to succeed in selling and marketing books. Get ready to learn from the pro at the Extravaganza.
People who produce, sell books and people who buy books, the better positioned we are as authors to build essential long-term relationships.
Being a Talk Target—someone who makes other people feel like brilliant …
Too many authors today are missing a GIGANTIC ship … printing their book physically. eBooks are important and should be in every author’s mix. After all, what book buying pool do you want to be in … the kiddie pool or the adult. Print books are still close to 70 percent of all retail buys ($700,000,000 in 2014) … that includes online purchases a la Amazon and BN.com. That means the other 30 percent is eBook land. …
Alrighty … many have heard me push the need to do BOTH print and “e” versions of your books. For fast POD service that delivers quality, IngramSpark tops the list.
In partnership with AuthorU, IngramSpark is offering to AuthorU members a variety of programs to consider. As The Book Shepherd, I am recommending to all my clients to first, set up an IngramSpark account and second, contact their respective book designers and get files uploaded pronto.