The fireworks have subsided; all the rich food and what seems an endless stream of parties and gatherings are over. It’s a new, new year. For AuthorYOU, there’s plenty bubbling up as 2019 begins to unfold. For you, I have four questions to noodle today … and act on.
First … if you haven’t “officially” joined AuthorYOU with last week’s announcement, then you’ve got SIX days to get in on the Introductory membership rate at $97. It will increase at midnight to $127 on January 6th.
You will see transitions withing the website over the next two weeks that:
- create new TABs on the Home dashboard
- PAID MEMBERS only: new Membership codes and discounts
- PAID MEMBERS only: special discounts for all AuthorYOU events
- PAID MEMBERS only: discounts to many of our Publishing Service Providers
- PAID MEMBERS only: the rollout of NO PITCH monthly webinars delivered on the second Tuesday of the month (January 8 at 4 p.m.). Replays will be available to Members only
- PAID MEMBERS only: access to the ASK JUDITH ANYTHING open mic
- PAID MEMBERS only: participation in Book Selling and Book Signing events
- Whew—a lot is happening. So many new and exciting opportunities!
While the AuthorYOU site is being updated, you can save money by signup and accessing the member’s only area though the links below. The membership was created through MemberPlanet.
Whew—a lot is happening. So many new and exciting opportunities! Are you ready? We are …
Now, I have Four Questions for the 2019 New Year to kick-start your authoring and publishing year:
1. What will you stop doing, starting today? Are you listening to the wrong people—are there energy suckers in your life—are you procrastinating … all talk, no action—are you addicted to all things electronic forgetting that sometimes a written word does the trick or that you don’t need to be tethered to your mobile devices, etc.?
2. What will you keep doing, this year forward? What’s working that has kept you moving forward—who and what stimulates/inspires you with new ideas—who and what are positive supports?
3. What will you keep doing, but with a twist? What has shown some progress or positive results that might take-off with a tweak or two—is there someplace or someone that has served as a type of muse that with more time, could take you to another level—is there a marketing or networking tweak that you could do that would allow you to further niche your work?
4. What will you start doing, starting now? What’s on your “wish” list—what have read/seen/heard about that might be a fit for your book and work—how in depth have you gone with social media—have you reached out for guest blogging—creating your “Like” page on Facebook—using hashtags to bring others to you—have you discovered the power of images with all things you post online?
What will you do for 2019 that will create the Rock Star Author in you?
AuthorYOU is a 501(c)6 nonprofit membership association dedicated to author education and publishing success. Its website is www.AuthorYOU.org
Latest posts by Judith Briles (see all)
Was this helpful? Get more FREE tips and insight: