Last week, I shared five free tools and services that may be of assistance to your authoring business per my favorite Geek Girl, Kelly Johnson of CornerstoneVA.com. As an author, you are a business owner, you want the best for your authoring business, but sometimes the budget calls for you to find creative, cost-effective solutions. With the countless online applications, services and tools available, you have many options you can use to run your business. Here’s more great goodies to add to your FREE list:
Here are 5 free tools and services that may be of assistance to your business per my favorite Geek Girl, Kelly Johnson of CornerstoneVA.com:
6. MeetingBurner.com – This is a great way to host and participate in a webinar or meeting for 10 people or less with no ads. (The free account does not provide a recording option, but this is a nice method to use with no ads).
7. Mention (https://en.mention.com/) – Want to find out how many times you’re mentioned throughout all social media? You can sign up as one user with one account and get up to 100 mentions per month for free.
8. Khanacademy.org – Want to learn almost anything from experts? You can do it at Khan Academy.
9. Apptivo.com – You can get started with this online project management system using the free version which allows for unlimited users, up to 40 standard apps, and the ability to send invoices even with a mobile app. It also integrates with Google Apps.
10. Nutcache.com – This free invoicing and time management service works in many languages, is secure and free.
Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. She empowers authors and is the Founder of Author U, a membership organization created for the serious author who wants to be seriously successful. She’s been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the 80s. Judith is the author of 34 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms (ForeWord IndieFab Book of the Year), Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers and a speaker at publishing conferences. Book #34 was published this summer: The CrowdFunding Guide for Authors & Writers. Get your copy.
Become part of her inner circle by joining the Author’s Ark and exclusive monthly webinar and coaching event. Each summer, she holds Judith Briles Book Publishing Unplugged, a three day intensive limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. In 2015, the dates are August 27-29th. Her audio and workbook series, Creating Your Book and Author Platform is now available. Join Judith live on Thursdays at 6 p.m. EST for Author U – Your Guide to Book Publishing on the Toginet Network at bit.ly/PublishingShow .
Follow @AuthorU and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorU and Judith Briles – TheBookShepherd on Facebook. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact Judith at Judith@Briles.com.
Author U is a non-profit membership organization dedicated to the author who wants to be seriously successful. Monthly education programs delivered face-to-face and online, The Author Resource ezine, BookCamps and the annual Author U Extravaganza are tools designed for authors pre, during and post publishing of their books. Join AuthorU.org today.
If you are looking for FREE author and book coaching … call in to Judith’s Author Monday Mornings at NOON Eastern each Monday. The number is 218-632-9854; Access Code 1239874444 … have your questions ready–there’s a full hour to ask and listen