Twitter has long been a personal favorite of The Book Shepherds for reaching out and connecting with “like” … as in authors and writers. It’s quick and short, which is my personal style.
In that matter, here are several Twitter type tips for your weekend:
- If your readers are outside of the ideal times, ignore them and post where and when they will see it.
- Tweets last 15 seconds to many minutes depending on Follower’s followers. Suggest you post 4 to 5 times during a 24 hour period.
- Use a management tool like Hootsuite or Buffer to do an all-in-one posting. Creates sanity in your day.
- Always follow competitors and top influencers. Always.
- To build audiences, starting following the Followers of your competitors and top influencers. Use an app like CrowdFire to assist.
- If potential followers don’t follow you back in two weeks, unfollow them.
- Content: ahas, facts, savvy tips reigns. Your posts should be content heavy.
- If you are doing a special promo or book launch, give a heads up to followers that a heavy stream of Tweets is coming.
- When you can, add images to Tweets. It increases views and RTs by 18% clicks, 89% more favorites, 150% Retweets
- You may hate them, but you must use them. Hashtags double your engagement.
- Retweeting happens more in the evening- between 10 and 11 p.m. Eastern.
- If your reader demographics are between 18-49, Twitter is for you—64% of age group are Twitter users.
- Savvy Tweeters use “action” words – you get 13% more engagement from users.
If you aren’t using it, you may be missing the cypher book marketing boat.
Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. She empowers authors and is the Founder of Author U, a membership organization created for the serious author who wants to be seriously successful. She’s been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the 80s. Judith is the author of 35 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms (ForeWord IndieFab Book of the Year), Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers and a speaker at publishing conferences. Book #35 was published this summer: The How to Avoid 101 Book Publishing Blunders, Bloopers & Boo-Boos. Get your copy now.
Each summer, she holds Judith Briles Book Publishing Unplugged, a three day intensive limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. In 2017, the dates are June 22-24th. Her audio and workbook series, Creating Your Book and Author Platform is now available. Join Judith live on Thursdays at 6 p.m. EST for “AuthorU – Your Guide to Book Publishing” on the Toginet Network at bit.ly/PublishingShow .
Follow @AuthorU and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorU and Judith Briles – TheBookShepherd on Facebook. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact Judith at Judith@Briles.com.
Author U is a non-profit membership organization dedicated to the author who wants to be seriously successful. Monthly education programs delivered face-to-face and online, The Author Resource ezine, BookCamps and the annual Author U Extravaganza are tools designed for authors pre, during and post publishing of their books. Join AuthorU.org today.
If you are looking for FREE author and book coaching … call in to Judith’s Author Monday Mornings at NOON Eastern each Monday. The number is 218-632-9854; Access Code 1239874444 … have your questions ready–there’s a full hour to ask and listen
Latest posts by Judith Briles (see all)
Was this helpful? Get more FREE tips and insight: