Lower You Social Media Stress Zone
Yup, socialmedia can be totally overwhelming. Here are a 5 tips to optimize/maximize your social media presence:
1. Claim one or two platforms to do your posting and shouting out on. Yes, you can be on many, but focus on just a couple to position yourself and your book upon. To add you sage and savvy ahas and advice. To reshare others blogs, articles and tips.
2. Blog. No exceptions here. Your blog is your #1 to position yourself as an expert. Practice the 3 Cs: Consistent, Content, Commitment. If you blog on Mondays—then make sure you blog every Monday (holidays included); provide meaty content; be committed to your blog and to your followers. It takes time to build, but with be consistent, content rich and committed, they will come.
3. Use hashtags. Get over that the # bugs you in front of a word.
4. Post daily. You can answer a question; post a link to someone else’s blog; reveal an aha about you; or an insight that ties to your expertise.
5. Make sure that your Profiles are current—and include that you are an Expert in ______.
Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. She empowers authors and is the Founder of Author U, a membership organization created for the serious author who wants to be seriously successful. She’s been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the 80s. Judith is the author of 35 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms (ForeWord IndieFab Book of the Year), Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers and a speaker at publishing conferences. Book #35 was published this summer: The How to Avoid 101 Book Publishing Blunders, Bloopers & Boo-Boos. Get your copy now.
Each summer, she holds Judith Briles Book Publishing Unplugged, a three day intensive limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. In 2016, the dates are June 23-25th. Her audio and workbook series, Creating Your Book and Author Platform is now available. Join Judith live on Thursdays at 6 p.m. EST for “AuthorU – Your Guide to Book Publishing” on the Toginet Network at bit.ly/PublishingShow .
Follow @AuthorU and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorU and Judith Briles – TheBookShepherd on Facebook. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact Judith at Judith@Briles.com.
Author U is a non-profit membership organization dedicated to the author who wants to be seriously successful. Monthly education programs delivered face-to-face and online, The Author Resource ezine, BookCamps and the annual Author U Extravaganza are tools designed for authors pre, during and post publishing of their books. Join AuthorU.org today.
If you are looking for FREE author and book coaching … call in to Judith’s Author Monday Mornings at NOON Eastern each Monday. The number is 218-632-9854; Access Code 1239874444 … have your questions ready–there’s a full hour to ask and listen