Author U –Your Guide to Book Publishing, host Dr. Judith Briles of The Book Shepherd digs into a variety of writing insights this month. During November, millions pick up pen, pencil, dictating and heaving typing as they particiate in the National Write a Novel month. Very cool. During the month you will pick up a variety of short-cuts for writing/publishing from authors “who are doing it”. Make sure you listen to our podcast that rolled out on October 22nd with Mara Purl that was all about the nuances of subtext in your dialogue—critical for any author who is writing fiction and for those who use “stories” in their nonfiction. Download either on Home page or via iTunes. You don’t want to miss this—it will be another fast hour.
Today, Nina Amir joins Judith. Lots of awesome tips to get your writing fingers flying.
Tune in at 6 Eastern, 5 Central, 4 Mountain, 3 Pacific and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://tinurl.com/AuthorURadio. You can also go to the Home page of http://www.AuthorU.org, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and are instantly there! With over 300,000 downloaded podcasts each month from around the world, you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are Author U’s Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Success & Resources
- Excellent goal: How To Read 60 Books a Year bit.ly/1VBbdRF
- RT @WordStream: How to Make Great Landing Pages (With Crazy High Conversions) http://t.co/3cOs6OBP4f http://t.co/tu9v5uovT4
- Never give up! Man Booker winner’s debut novel rejected nearly 80 times | Guardian pwne.ws/1GGVdXx
- [it happens!]RT @WritersDigest: How to Cope With Bad #Book Reviews | http://t.co/ofmRilAt3x http://t.co/Ja2fDP4geU #author #selfpub
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- 5 Reasons You Need To Stop Being A Lazy Writer on Social Media by @BadRedheadMedia ow.ly/TgcZ8 #booktrope
- 92% of consumers now read online reviews. Are you managing your reputation online? via @tophat_creative http://ow.ly/TiATX
Writers & Writing
- Some curious facts about one of T. S. Eliot’s best-loved poems: wp.me/p2WHCx-1iJ
Fun and Cool Things to Know or Do
- 10 coincidences that are almost too strange to be true holykaw.alltop.com/10-coincidence… s
- Whoa- shocker to #lottery players in IL… IOUs to winners who get over $600. Who took all the #money? http://ow.ly/TqHvc
Remember … you can listen to over 240 programs that Author U Founder Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://tinyurl.com/AuthorURadio , scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes: http://ow.ly/QO0oK
If you are looking for FREE author and book coaching … call in to Judith’s Author Monday Mornings at NOON Eastern each Monday. The number is 218-632-9854; Access Code 1239874444 … have your questions ready–there’s a full hour to ask and listen.
Was this helpful? Get more FREE tips and insight: