TOMORROW is the last day to get the Bublish deal: here’s the CODE to use: AUTHORUDISCOUNT2016
Author U – Your Guide to Book Publishing, host Dr. Judith Briles of The Book Shepherd digs into a variety of writing and publishing insights each show. Today, Judith Briles and wasabi publicist Michelle Tennant will go over the three must-haves for media today Plus the #1 mistake most authors make. Don’t miss it.
Last week, Judith and Joel Friedlander did some deep diving into the Author Success Toolkit for Amazon. Those of you who took advantage of were smart.
Tune in at 6 Eastern, 5 Central, 4 Mountain, 3 Pacific and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://tinyurl.com/AuthorURadio. You can also go to the Home page of http://www.AuthorU.org, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and are instantly there! With over 300,000 downloaded podcasts each month from around the world, you are in good company!
Here are your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are Author U’s Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Success & Resources
- Instead of remaindering, create a publicity event to give books away. This could also get you contacts among people in the media
- 21 Things To Do After A Book Breaks Your Damn Heart ow.ly/idUu301JWXz #amwriting
- Why Your Peer Group Matters More Than You Think mhyatt.us/1xxlkjI
- Everyone loves the Author at Work … Do Not Cross Barrier tape I created – get yours for only $5 … on my website, TheBookShepherd.com
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- If #authors want to get a reporter’s or media’s attention, they better be using LinkedIn and Twitter, not Facebook. http://ow.ly/UijI301Ne97
- 15 Valuable Tips on Running a Successful Social Media Contest bit.ly/29eSdtN via@canva
- How to Make an Instant Personal Connection in Videos by @Schmittasticyoutube.com/watch?v=JfIZQe…
Writers & Writing
How David Bowie Cured Novelist Alison Weir’s Panic | WSJ pw-ne.ws/f5529
9 Ways to Break Up Your Work to Stay Focused and Productiveow.ly/Sx2m501NhyR
Fun and Cool Things to Know or Do
- Musical bird is its own band holykaw.alltop.com/musical-bird-b…
Remember … you can listen to over 240 programs that Author U Founder Judith Briles has created for your book and authoring success: http://tinyurl.com/AuthorURadio , scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, subscribe directly on iTunes: http://ow.ly/QO0oK
If you are looking for FREE author and book coaching … call in to Judith’s Author Monday Mornings at NOON Eastern each Monday. The number is 218-632-9854; Access Code 1239874444 … have your questions ready–there’s a full hour to ask and listen.
Was this helpful? Get more FREE tips and insight: