Prices increased for Extravaganza registration on March 1st. You have until February 28th to get the Thursday Deep Dive Workshop FREE with Friday and Saturday registration. All info is up—check out the website under Events for the Extravaganza at a Glance.
You have 8 days to take advantage of this and it’s GONE as a freebie.
Today, Author U – Your Guide to Book Publishing will focus on crowdfunding for authors.. Judith Briles will focus on the author and book platforms and the common link to the Oscar® nominated Monuments Men—don’t miss it. Tune in at 6 Eastern, 5 Central, 4 Mountain, 3 Pacific and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you are going to have to do the clock crunching for your time zone at http://togi.us/authoru. You can also go to the Home page of http://www.AuthorU.org, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there!
Re-read your favorite books when you were 10. What did you love? What pulled you in? Carry that magic to your own writing.
~ Judith Briles from Snappy Sassy Salty
Here’s your Top Ten Tweets for the past week
Tweets are faster than a speeding bird … below are Author U’s Top Ten Tweets from the past week that you may have missed …
Success & Resources
- What does movie Monuments Men and the #Author and #Book #Platform have in common? Everything-new blog posted. http://ow.ly/tXAqA
- Twitter Tip: If you want your entire image to be visible in the Tweet preview, use a horizontal image w/ a 2:1 aspect ratio (e.g. 1024 X 512 pixels)
- If you haven’t read the #author earning report, do so and then ask-Is NY really the right #publishing option for me? http://ow.ly/tXFcO
- Are you a networker or a worker bee? Here’s a Generational flow chart to what your #mobile phone says about you- http://ow.ly/tYB7h
- Amtrak is Offering Writer’s Residency on Trains-very cool for #authors and #writers. mbist.ro/NsnEmp
Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- 5 Social Media Trends for 2014, New Research bit.ly/1cGg94Z
- Tips for Marketing a Book Through Companies and Organizations dld.bz/aNhk
- 10 Years of Facebook, the history of a Social Giant an infographic http://t.co/z5WGKeAJkc
- Expand your posting hours-peak time for mobile social media is 7-10 pm: the rules keep changing for #authors and #books. http://ow.ly/tXEsA
Cool and Sometimes Goofy or Unbelievable!
- This is worth a shout out … absolute hoot with NBC’s Brian Williams on Tonight with Jimmy Fallon show- ow.ly/tPo1b
Last Week, Author U – Your Guide to Book Publishing focused on crwodfunding strategies with Kelly Johnson, virtual assistant to authors and books! You can listen in from the AuthorU.org Home at http://www.AuthorU.org, scroll down and click on any of the past shows—just click and you are instantly there! Or you, can go to the radio show’s home page and do the same: http://togi.us/authoru.
If you are looking for FREE author and book coaching … call in to Judith’s Author Monday Mornings at NOON Eastern each Monday. The number is 218-632-9854; Access Code 1239874444 … have your questions ready–there’s a full hour to ask and listen.
Was this helpful? Get more FREE tips and insight: