Many of us experience dread when thinking or talking about using social media venues to sell our books. Yet, as authors, we need to break through these fears in order to sell our books, attract future readers and influence the media. Attend this event to learn about ways to blast through your phobias, sell your books faster and build the number of followers (aka potential readers).
- Debra Jason, How You Can “Create a Thunder” to Sell Your Book (Brag: Sold an additional 200 books in 30 days using this social media platform!)
- Laurie Weiss, Featured Author of the Month (Brag: She can help you reduce anxiety about anything!)
- Erin Cell, Increasing Sales through Twitter (Brag: She’s the mastermind behind the inaugural Social Media Day Denver event!
How You Can “Create a Thunder” to Sell Your Book
After spending a year working on my book, I proudly held the physical proof in my hand. As I began planning the official book launch, I was introduced to a cool online marketing tool that helped me achieve a broader reach – broader than I could have ever imagined.
This cost-effective marketing tool helps you “create a thunder” as your announcement travels across social networks. It resulted in my book having a social reach of more than 1.4 million viewers and ranking in Amazon’s Top 10.
The good news? You can do this too when launching your book!
- Create a buzz around your book before it launches.
- Amplify your message across social media.
- Build your social reach without asking your network to dip into their wallets.
- Launch a thunderous online campaign in 3 simple steps.
- Design an attention-grabbing graphics even if you’re not an artist.
Debra Jason is an author of the award-winning book, Millionaire Marketing on a Shoestring Budget™, Debra Jason is also a speaker, copywriter, and multi-faceted marketing mentor. A recipient of the Boulder Chamber of Commerce’s Small Business of the Year Award, she started The Write Direction in 1989. Her mission is to empower you with the cost-effective marketing strategies you need to gain exposure for your book so that you attract a steady stream of happy readers.
Featured Author of the Month: Dr. Laurie Weiss
After over 40 years practicing psychotherapy and coaching, Relationship Communication Expert, Dr. Laurie Weiss had no intention of starting a new phase of her career. Then a colleague helped her resolve a persistent, stressful problem using an amazing new technique. She was astounded that he did it in just a few minutes, using only words while standing on the sidewalk outside of a restaurant. As a Psychotherapist, Coach and Consultant Dr. Laurie has been helping clients reclaim life energy and find joy in life since 1972. She has taught professionals in 13 countries and authored 8 books that make complex information accessible to anyone. Her latest, Letting It Go, reflects her expertise in the rapid anxiety and stress relief process she first encountered that fateful evening. She is a long time member of AuthorU.
Dissolve Social Media Blocks—Yes, Really!
- Identify what scares you most
- Picture your “why”
- Use 3 sentences to change the picture and dissolve the blocks
Increasing Sales through Twitter
Looking to increase book sales through the use of social media, more specifically, Twitter? We will start with the basics & learn the language of Twitter. Building a Twitter Tribe is key to increasing your exposure on the platform, we will walk through engagement and follower tips & tools. As with all marketing, you need a plan, learn how to create a winning content & engagement strategy for Twitter to help you increase your online sales.
- Twitter Talk – Learning the Language
- Building Your Twitter Tribe
- Creating a Winning Strategy for Twitter
- Twitter Tips & Tools
- Increasing Sales through Twitter
Erin Cell is a social media strategist, consultant & speaker who is passionate about helping businesses (and authors) understand the power of social media. She has helped thousands of authors, business owners, entrepreneurs, and executives improve their online presence while saving them time and money. She is the mastermind behind the inaugural Social Media Day Denver event in partnership with the Colorado Women in Social Media. She speaks regularly around the Denver area to a variety of groups, including SCORE Denver, Polka Dot Powerhouse, Denver Start-up Week, and hosts her own Social Success Club Meetup.
REGISTER NOW … costs go up on the January 28th.
Gold members need to login to Member site to register.