June 2013 – May 2014
Elements R YOU! Tying All The Pieces Together.
Just as in a graphic recording, there’s a lot of information that needs to be pulled together in a simplified and visual form. Everything from resources, plugins, social media, marketing options, and must-haves that you are told you need in order to have a successful book business. Where to begin? Making the complicated simple, you’ll be able to interact and ask a variety of questions including what you need to know regarding illustrations and clipart.
Author U’s Shannon Parish will lead the workshop with a variety of her cartoons, illustrations, and examples that will trigger ideas and tap into your own creative juices. She’s created multiple websites and was mentioned in TIME magazine for a community website she created. She’s illustrated 20 books, countless presentations and does the Graphic Recording of the Extravaganza speakers each year.
As always, Salons are only open to Author U members and space is limited to 20. Sign up NOW. See you on the 24th. Bring your laptops.
When: Monday, June 24th
Cost: $27 (increases to $30 on May 17th) and includes dinner.
Where: Judith’s | You will be emailed last minute instructions and directions the day before.
Introducing Author YOU and the Author Shark Tank™
One of the popular new features at the May Extravaganza was the Author Shark Tank™. On Saturday, July 20th, Author U will partner with the Tattered Cover for a combo program. Celebrating Judith Briles, Author U’s Chief Visionary Officer, newest and best-selling and award-winning book, Author YOU: Creating and Building the Author and Book Platforms, a special edition of the Author Shark Tank will presented to the public.
In a two part program, your will learn and experience:
- The basics of Platform Building and the Book Game Plan, something every successful author and book has.
- The Author Shark Tank™—pitch your book and concept to the Sharks. You get ninja coaching from the stage and the best pitch will win a few registration for September 6-7th
Get Judith’s book at the Tattered Cover and she will give you a coupon to download $2600 if author/publishing related gifts specially designed for your authoring journey and success. If you already have her book, bring it so she can sign it and give you a coupon to access the gifts.
Pitch your book concept to the Author Sharks and one lucky author or author-to-be will win a spot for Judith Briles Unplugged, two full days of author and publishing wisdom that will be intimate and designed to soar you and your book. This is truly a limited space event that is held in Denver September 6-7 valued at over $400. Meet many of the Colorado publishing experts who can bring words and your book to life.
Date and Time: Saturday, July 20, 2013 from 1 to 4 pm
Location: Tattered Cover, LoDo-1628 16th St., Denver, CO 80202
Space is limited, reserve your spot here to listen and possibly be in the Author Shark Tank: CLICK HERE
Want to be considered for the Author Shark Tank™? eMail Author U now (put Author Shark Tank in the subject line) … up to 10 names will be randomly selected for the experience: Judith@AuthorU.org .
Create Your Own Blog Talk Radio on Tuesday, July 23rd
Having your own radio show is within your reach from free to a small fee, depending on what bells and whistles you want!
Showcase your expertise through your own radio show on Blog Talk Radio. This will also give you an opportunity to invite guest speakers to your show to reinforce your niche area. Don’t miss this intensive workshop on setting up an account on Blog Talk Radio, features in your radio show account, and strategies for scheduling and planning your show and show topics.
Time: 3 – 6 pm
Cost: $60 or both June and July Tech Tool Boxes for $100
Location: Judith’s Offices
Register for July Only at $60: CLICK HERE
for BOTH Toolbox Workshops June 18th and July 23rd at $100: CLICK HERE
It’s Author U’s Annual Member BBQ
For members and their family/guests only.
Author U Members love to eat and schmooze. Come join in –the day will be warm .. perfect for a BBQ. Author U supplies the BBQ fixings, Beverage and Dessert … you get to bring the sides and munchies.
Who: Members and Family When: Saturday afternoon, August 3rd Time: 5 on Cost: FREE
Bring: a side dish for 8 (NO desserts please)
RSVP for this one … PLEASE … with the number in your party!
Yes! I’m coming!
September 6-7, 2013 will change your authoring life …
Experience two full days of Judith every September … no guest speakers, no pitches, just Judith Briles Unplugged delivering an amazing depth of publishing, authoring and marketing information that she has derived from her 30 plus years in the publishing field and as The Book Shepherd.
Create the best-seller you dream of … turn into the award-winning and sought after author you aspire to. Judith has done it multiple times and she will show you how.
- If you are just starting down the authoring and publishing path, you will come away with a personalized strategy to create and develop your book.
- If your book is ready to birth, you will come away with amazing steps and ahas on how to soar its official launch and develop your next steps.
- If your book, and you, want to create a book launch that sells books and gets you noticed, you will learn how.
- If you want to make serious money as an author, you will come away with strategies that are doable and how to do them.
- If your book is currently available, no matter how old, your current marketing concepts and strategies will be turned upside down.
- If you want to look at crowdfunding, you will learn the ins and outs of a campaign.
- If you want to create a speech that uses the key elements of your book and expertise, you will learn insider tips on how to and how to niche yourself into ”your” market.
- If want to know tricks of the social media marketing whirlwind, you will learn which platforms work best for which books and how to drill down into them.
- If you are still noodling on what a Platform is, you will not only get it, but you will drill down into yours.
- If you haven’t done a GamePlan for your book, no matter what stage it’s at, you will … and discover amazing “ahas” along the way about both You and Your Book.
- If you want to make serious money as an author, you will come away with the how to strategies that are doable.
Judith Briles Unplugged is not just another publishing conference where you sit in your seat and take notes—expect extraordinary high interaction, plenty of “to-do” Activities—you will not only listen and hear The Book Shepherd, you will immediately implement what she says. Judith believes in feeding your brain and your belly.
It is your next, next step to authoring and book success. Be there. You and Your Book can’t afford not to be.
In other words, your life as an author will be morphed.
Judith Briles Unplugged delivers extraordinary high interaction, plenty of “to-do” Activities and Hot Seats—you will not only listen and hear The Book Shepherd, you will immediately implement what she says. As the author of 30 books, many best-selling and award-winning, she knows publishing. Her latest book, Author YOU: Creating and Building the Author and Book Platforms will be used throughout … and a book that has earned three national awards in 2013, shortly after it was published: In the Writing and Publishing categories, it was the WINNER at the International Book Awards, the Indie Excellence Book Awards and the International Book Publishers Awards. Limited to a small number of participants, each will receive individual attention and walk away with a personalized GamePlan for his or her Book and for Self, as the Author.
It is your next, next step to authoring and book success.
If that’s your goal, be there. You and Your Book can’t afford not to.
Save these two days in 2013: September 6th and 7th … they will change your publishing life. Who better to captain your journey than Author and Publishing Expert, Dr. Judith Briles?
Location: Denver, Colorado … our Falls are spectacular.
Cost: $497 for Early Bird signups now. You will get an immediate savings of $100 at checkout. Continental breakfast is included each day along with a Friday night reception.
Site: Doubletree Hotel SE, 13596 E Iliff Place, Aurora, CO 80014.
Room Rates: $95. Call 303-337-2800, Judith Unplugged
|$497 for Early, Early Bird signup
||$647 for Early Bird + a guest
Put the dates aside for next year’s Extravaganza
May 1-3, 2014
The Author Matrix: Creativity. Connecting. Community.
Watch for the listings of all the speakers and topics that will be posted soon. Included are:
- Mark Coker of Smashwords(all attendees at the Extravaganza 2013 were given a flash drive with three of his books for eBook marketing on it;
- Penny Sansevieri will do the Deep Dive Dinner Workshop on Red Hot Internet Publicity for 2014 strategies (trust us, it changes constantly);
- Stephanie Barko will reveal the inside tips and tricks to creating a Virtual Book Blog tour;
- Joel Comm will take you into the stratosphere of partnering and social media;
- John Kremer will dive into the latest and greatest in book marketing;
- Susan RoAne will reveal how she slammed being #1 on the Book of the Month;
- Susan Gilbert is going to turn you into a YouTube celeb;
- Cindy Ratzlazz is going to reveal all the inside secrets of how the major publishers create the publicity/marketing strategies for their mega-sellers (she brainstormed and led the team for the South Beach Diet book at Rodale);
- Nick Zelinger is going to reveal the anatomy of book design on the inside and outside;
- Dana Lynn Smith is a book marketing zealot with a variety of “special” tracks you can go down–she knows more tricks of the author’s trade to get your book, and sell it;
- Dan Poynter knows author Klout and his techniques for today’s author will change your “presence” everywhere …
… and that’s just the beginning … May 1-3, 2014. Don’t miss out. Pre-register and join in to the special online coaching that will be available starting in June–only to those that pre-register delivered by Judith Briles and Mary Agnes Antonopolous.