During the PublishingAtSea.com cruise, ace publicity expert, Joan Stewart the Publicity Hound pushed a variety of hot tips. Included were:
1. Authors need to create top-quality free content that others will want to share. And make sure you have live “share” icons on your posts that allow for easy and no-brainer sharing with your followers.
2. Who, Who, Who … you must identify early in your publishing game just “who” your target market is. Then set up a strategy …
Author U – Your Guide to Book Publishing, host Dr. Judith Briles of The Book Shepherd digs into a variety of writing and publishing insights each show.
Judith dives into MORE Author Success today. Get tips from Penny Sansevieri with insights from the Digital World conference, latest on Amazon and marketing strategies for 2017.
Tune in for the LIVE show at 6 Eastern, 5 Central, 4 Mountain, 3 Pacific and for our out-of-the-country members and followers … you …
Next month, a very special event is coming to Authors, Screenwriters and all those “planning on being either” to Colorado. Comedy Trainer Steve Kaplan is coming to AuthorU.org (open to the public) for two all-day workshops—each very different.
The first day, Saturday, March 4th, concentrates on incorporating comedy and humor into your writing (something we all could use); and the second day, Sunday, March 5th, a clarion event for all those who want to sell their work …
If you have a book signing coming, here are a few tips glimmer from our PublishingAtSea.com participants during theirs:
1. Don’t sit … stand up to greet your buyers. Why? You’ll sell more if you stand, not sit, behind a table. It’s eyeball to eyeball. I prefer the cocktail table to use for signing on.
2. Gather names of buyers. Have a signup sheet for name and email.
3. Get visitors involved. Nancy Rango, author of “The President …
This is the last day to grab the Early Bird rate for your “Writing and Speaking Changing” Comedy Intensive Workshop next month. Be there!
REGISTER Now: http://authoru.org/events.html
This week’s best of Twitter Tweets is dedicated to the some of the best podcasts recently. If you have missed them … the very brief description will give a mini-tip of what the 50 minutes will unfold. Always meaty. Always insightful. Always with actions to do. Always fun.
Author U – Your …
What … you didn’t hear your name announced with the other Academy Award nominees? Well, maybe the awesome Comedy Intensive BookCamp is just what you need to make sure your name is announced next year! How’s that sound? Start by sharpening your comedy writing, directing and performance skills with the industry’s top comedy instructor! Steve Kaplan is coming to Denver and AuthorU.org is bring him here March 4th and 5th.
The Comedy Intensive is a two-day …
Here are 4 essential tips for authors and Amazon:
1. You need more than 84 book reviews (this is down from 101 … so good needs—still a book load to gather) before Amazon will recommend your book to other visitors in the section that says, “People who bought this also bought…” GO get them … ask and re-ask … it’s what you have to do
2. Book buyers will immediately start the judging of your book by the cover. …
What will Punxsutawney Phil predict? Since he’s in PA … he doesn’t know that in Colorado, the sun will be out this Saturday in the high 50s … a perfect day to attend the AuthorU.org regular monthly meeting. If you are in slow-mo from winter hibernation … let’s thaw out and show up!
Author U – Your Guide to Book Publishing, host Dr. Judith Briles of The Book Shepherd digs into a variety of writing and …
What do Actors Jack Black and Nathan Lane have in common?
The outrageous and comedy writer Steve Kaplan … and so can you!
We have a DOUBLE HEADER BOOKCAMP in March!
March 4 … Sharpen up your writing with Hollywood’s premier comedy writer.
March 5 … Learn tips and tricks to transform your work to the big screen.
A very special BookCamp is coming your way with comedy writer, trainer, author and mentor to …
Marketing Updates needed …
Do you have a business card? Excellent. Does it have your phone # on it? Your website? How about email and snail mail address? In other words, do you make it easy for people to connect and contact you? If not … not so good.
Now, have you thought about creating a brochure? Expand your business card has several Calls to Action on it pronto. And make sure you have a very visible …