Are You Using Video?
Don’t be left out … video is in; it is growing; and is a critical element in your author and marketing strategy. Key points with their sources are below.
- Online video consumption increased by 38 percent between May 2011 and May 2012. Comscore
- Nearly 80 percent of people watch online videos at least once a week. Online-publishers.org
- Estimates show that video will account for over half of Internet traffic by this year (2015)— nearly four times as much as regular browsing and email. Cisco Visual Networking Index
Video Skyrockets Your Website Engagement:
- Your website visitors spend TWICE as much time on pages that have video. Marketing Sherpa
- Visitors are 85 percent more likely to purchase a product after watching a video—that mean’s your book or services. SlideShare / MemeRunner report
- Videos in emails can double the rate of response (“click-through” to website via link) The Moz Blog
Video drives sharing:
“Videos are shared 12 times more than links and text combined.” B2B
- Video is the most-shared brand content on Facebook. SlideShare / MemeRunner report
- Posts with videos draw 3 times more links than plain-text posts. B2B Marketing: 25 stats Marketers should know about video
- Search engines love video: SlideShare / MemeRunner report
- Video content can make a page 53 times more likely to appear on the first page of search engine results. B2B Marketing: 25 stats Marketers should know about video
- Videos in search results have 41percent higher click-through rates. econsultancy.com
- YouTube accounts for almost one-third of Google searches. B2B Marketing: 25 stats Marketers should know about video
The bottom line: video works EVERYWHERE. Start using it. If you are, use it more.
Cool Idea for Travelers
If you are traveling and want to use an airline club but not pay hundreds of dollars for an annual membership, check out eBay. You can often pick up one or two passes for less than the cost of a full day pass.
Do you know RefDesk? It’s a comprehensive reference site offering more than 1,000 links to search sources, news feeds, commentators, columnists, today in history, geography, newspaper artifacts, wire services, dictionaries, health sites, zip code look-up, area code finder, etc. You are guaranteed to find some news items or fact that relates directly to a topic that you are working on.
Author U is a non-profit membership organization dedicated to the author who wants to be seriously successful. Monthly education programs delivered face-to-face and online, The Author Resource ezine, BookCamps and the annual Author U Extravaganza are tools designed for authors pre, during and post publishing of their books. Join AuthorU.org today.
If you are looking for FREE author and book coaching … call in to Judith’s Author Monday Mornings at NOON Eastern each Monday. The number is 218-632-9854; Access Code 1239874444 … have your questions ready–there’s a full hour to ask and listen.
Latest posts by Judith Briles (see all)
Was this helpful? Get more FREE tips and insight: