How would you like to sell your book by the truckload? Not one a week … but multiples, cases … forcing a new printing? How cool would that be? From someone who has done it many times, the answer is, “Very cool indeed.” And you can too.
Are you an author who just wants to write? Do you think the world will come to you? Is that what’s holding back massive book sales that could be yours?
If you just want to write, go back to sleep. Authors may have the gift of the written word, yet they flunk with the verbal variety. Authors must be promoters and marketers. In Judith Briles words, “Get over it.”
One of the best ways to market yourself and your book is via the speaking platform. There are no boring subjects …there are too many boring speakers … and if that’s what you choose to be, your book sales will be mediocre.
What are the crucial and must have elements of a great speech? What are the common mistakes speakers need to avoid? Get Judith’s Briles’ perspective—someone who has been there, done that, creating over 4.8 million dollars in combined speaking fees and direct book sales in a 25 year period—of speaking and selling books at the highest level. Yes Virginia, you can make a living with your words.
Judith has 10 questions for you:
- Do you want to create a speech that gets attention and bookings?
- Do you want to be known as the “go to” person and a “must have” speaker?
- Do you want to use powerful stories and humor within a presentation, even when your topic is controversial or could be considered a downer?
- Do you want to be paid every time you speak?
- Do you want to sell books whenever and wherever you speak?
- Do you want to connect with your audience?
- Do you want to know how to find people that will hire you?
- Do you want to know tips on how to go from FREE to FEE?
- Do you want recovery tips on what to do when you are bombing?
- Do you want to sell books by the truckload?
You’ve got the topic and the book … now what? Create the speech or workshop. Every speech needs a great beginning, nuggets with how-tos and action, and a powerful closing. You will learn how to structure a keynote speech or workshop. Your talk will sell books—lots of them. Learn how to find your audience, get them to pay you, and skyrocket your book sales. Learn how to “drill down” within your niche.
If you have a book … or will have one soon:
- Are you preparing a presentation that will bring in enthusiastic believers to your topic?
- Would you like to have enthusiastic book buyers flock to a table piled with your books?
- Would you like to be known as an expert, solution person, premier storyteller, or an entertainer?
- Are you creating a presentation that will sell books, lots of them?
- Are you getting paid for your talks—either for the presentation or in book sales—better yet, for both?
Your take-aways include how to be a better speaker, how to create and deliver a powerful message around your book and how to speak with impact! You’ve got a master speaker who is ready to get you started, recharged and moving into selling books one truckload at a time. Her next book is How to Avoid Book Publishing Blunders, Bloopers and Boo-Boos available this fall.
Judith Briles is an international speaker, publisher, award-winning and best-selling author and is known as The Book Shepherd. She has consistently been ranked as the top speaker at events including the recent Las Vegas Writer Conference and the AuthorU Extravaganza.
Judith Briles knows the publishing industry. She’s the author of 34 books—18 published with New York, the rest with her own imprint; has sold foreign rights to 16 countries; sold in excess of 1,000,000 in combined sales; is co-founder of Mile High Press; has created and chaired several publishing conferences; created the book shepherding concept in Colorado; and is the Founder and Chief Visionary Officer Author U®. Her books for authors and writers include: The CrowdFunding Guide for Authors & Writers, Author YOU: Creating and Building the Author and Book Platforms, which was #1 on Amazon and Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers.
When: Saturday, September 12
Time: 8 a.m. for schmoozing, networking and breakfast; program ends at noon
Where: Garcia’s Restaurant – Denver Tech Center
Cost: $20 for Members, $35 NonMembers; increases $10 on September 7th
Was this helpful? Get more FREE tips and insight: