AuthorU Extravaganza – September 15-17, 2016
Get Discounted Rate for DWPC Members
Start Date: July 27, 2016
End Date: September 15 – 17, 2016
Location: Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel, Denver CO
Contact Information: AuthorU.org – 720-588-9838 – info@AuthorU.org
Registration: General Registration
Authors and Indie Publishers have questions. The annual AuthorU Extravaganza September 15-17, 2016 in Denver, CO has the answers … 25 expert speakers including Joel Friedlander, Judith Briles, Amy Collins, Robin Cutler, Joan Stewart, Daniel Hall, David Dunham, Susan RoAne, Matthew Taylor, Brain Jud and Dom Testa will be there. Our question is … will you?
There will be: Social media—of course; Book marketing—absolutely; Publicity moxie—wouldn’t leave it out; Book design—lots; Fiction structure—deep diving into narrative; Book trailers—the so-so, better and best; Amazon savvy—yes indeed; Blunders—critical issues to avoid; Findability—using the Internet town hall to maximize yourself and your book; eBooks—all the latest and how to create easy peasy; Repurposing—a zillion ways; Branding—get your label ready; Influence—to the nth degree!; Story Structure—get ready to laugh and learn; Websites—oh yes, the latest in making yours snap, crackle and pop; Selling books—does it get cold in Alaska?; Print questions?—get ready to get the inside scoop with our panel of 5 printers …
An Evening with Mara Purl and Christopher Law in Sea Marks delivers a stunning two-person play that is poignant, funny and caps a day packed with solid author and publishing information on Friday, September 16th –a gourmet dinner is included. There are a limited number of tickets available for the evening event alone to the public.
AND … if this isn’t enough, here are 25 reasons why you should be at the AuthorU Extravaganza:
· Carolyn Howard Johnson will show you a variety of Frugal Book Marketing strategies.
· Rebecca Finkel will soar your eBook and Interior Designs.
· Joan Stewart will divulge How to Newsjack and tie your expertise and book to breaking news and How to Create SuperFans and Sell More Books.
· Melody Jones will reveal New Social Media Marketing for Authors.
· Joel Friedlander will knock your socks off with how to create a blog that attracts mega-thousands.
· Judith Briles reveals How to Avoid Publishing Blunders and How to Become a Confident Writer and Author.
· Susan RoAne, NY Times best-seller of over 1,000,000 books, will reveal how to work the room for your book.
· Matthew Taylor will show authors how to craft stories.
· Brian Jud will reveal how to sell books to non-store book buyers.
· Mitchell Levy will show you how to write a book in ONE DAY.
· Kathy Meis will have you twirling with branding how-tos.
· Kelly Johnson will demo hot author and writing apps and website savvy.
· Robin Cutler will expose the latest in the POD world.
· Linda Frothingham will demonstrate how to set an event with “eye candy”.
· Bret Ridgway will walk you through the ins and outs of book fulfillment.
· David Dunham will unveil the most amazing viral book marketing tool you can use today.
· Richard Rieman will walk you through the steps of the Audiobook Revolution.
· Amy Collins will show you how to get your book into libraries.
· Daniel Hall will take you through the steps of how to get paid to speak on cruises.
· Barb Wilson will deep dive you through all stages of editing, turning a frog to a King or Queen.
· Dom Testa and Frederick Perrin reveal their author journeys to amazing books.
· John Kremer will show how to work with bookstores.
· Mara Purl and Christopher Law will entertain you and reveal how to transition your book to the “arts”.
You’ll get the inside scoop on all things in publishing … and so much more.
PS … I’ve got the hotel to lower the hotel room rate to $119 … with free parking in the garage, that will bring you to $109 … this is excellent!
Be here … with us … if you want to be seriously successful!
Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. She empowers authors and is the Founder of Author U, a membership organization created for the serious author who wants to be seriously successful. She’s been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the 80s. Judith is the author of 35 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms (ForeWord IndieFab Book of the Year), Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers and a speaker at publishing conferences. Book #35 was published this summer: The How to Avoid 101 Book Publishing Blunders, Bloopers & Boo-Boos. Get your copy now.
Each summer, she holds Judith Briles Book Publishing Unplugged, a three day intensive limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. In 2017, the dates are June 22-24th. Her audio and workbook series, Creating Your Book and Author Platform is now available. Join Judith live on Thursdays at 6 p.m. EST for “AuthorU – Your Guide to Book Publishing” on the Toginet Network at bit.ly/PublishingShow .
Follow @AuthorU and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorU and Judith Briles – TheBookShepherd on Facebook. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact Judith at Judith@Briles.com.
Author U is a non-profit membership organization dedicated to the author who wants to be seriously successful. Monthly education programs delivered face-to-face and online, The Author Resource ezine, BookCamps and the annual Author U Extravaganza are tools designed for authors pre, during and post publishing of their books. Join AuthorU.org today.
If you are looking for FREE author and book coaching … call in to Judith’s Author Monday Mornings at NOON Eastern each Monday. The number is 218-632-9854; Access Code 1239874444 … have your questions ready–there’s a full hour to ask and listen
Was this helpful? Get more FREE tips and insight: