Welcome to Author U!
On Sale Now!
You can now order the CDs and DVDs from the Author U 2013 Extravaganza … order yours today!
Get all handouts from the event for just for $20!
If you have wondered about Kickstarter and the other 1,000 platforms that are now being used to get OPM–other people’s money–to assist in your book project, do not miss this. All info is posted in on the Events page.
Put the dates aside for next year’s Extravaganza
May 1-3, 2014
The Author Matrix: Creativity. Connecting. Community.
Watch for the listings of all the speakers and topics that will be posted soon. Included are:
- Mark Coker of Smashwords (all attendees at the Extravaganza 2013 were given a flash drive with three of his books for eBook marketing on it;
- Penny Sansevieri will do the Deep Dive Dinner Workshop on Red Hot Internet Publicity for 2014 strategies (trust us, it changes constantly);
- Stephanie Barko will reveal the inside tips and tricks to creating a Virtual Book Blog tour;
- Joel Comm will take you into the stratosphere of partnering and social media;
- John Kremer will dive into the latest and greatest in book marketing;
- Susan RoAne will reveal how she slammed being #1 on the Book of the Month;
- Susan Gilbert is going to turn you into a YouTube celeb;
- Cindy Ratzlazz is going to reveal all the inside secrets of how the major publishers create the publicity/marketing strategies for their mega-sellers (she brainstormed and led the team for the South Beach Diet book at Rodale);
- Nick Zelinger is going to reveal the anatomy of book design on the inside and outside;
- Dana Lynn Smith is a book marketing zealot with a variety of “special” tracks you can go down–she knows more tricks of the author’s trade to get your book, and sell it;
- Dan Poynter knows author Klout and his techniques for today’s author will change your “presence” everywhere …
… and that’s just the beginning … May 1-3, 2014. Don’t miss out. Be sure to join our email list to be notified when tickets are on sale. The links will be up to pre-register and join in to the special online coaching that will be available starting in June–only to those that pre-register delivered by Judith Briles and Mary Agnes Antonopolous.
The typical author, especially the author that views his or her path aligned with a traditional publisher, wants the details to be taken care by others—to in some ways, be taken care of. Independent authors/publishers know that “if it is going to happen,” they need to be intricately involved in the process.
Publishing related education must continue post the book’s publication; and keeping updated on marketing strategies and tools takes on a form similar to “breathing. Not to mention the need to stay connected with others in the authoring/publishing community. And that’s what Author U is all about. The Resource, Author U’s monthly ezine contains multiple articles by publishing pros to make your authoring and publishing life so much better.
REGISTER from the COMING EVENTS menu > >
Is there a book in you? Or another? Author U will show you how to create, develop and publish your book without being hoodwinked. If you already have a book out, you will find a supportive and brain-storming community that is connected and creative. Author U brings in national experts for its BookCamps as well as regular Thursday night Dinner and Program meetings and Saturday Brunch and Learn. Based in Colorado, it has plenty for out of state and country members including our Cloud Teleseminar and Hangouts. The Resource, its online newsletter, is content heavy. Through Author U’s extensive network and Our Premier Partners, members enjoy exclusive benefits including significant discounts for a variety of services necessary to the serious author and publisher. If you want to create a book that has pizzazz, punch and panache, Author U is for you. If you are a “hobbyist” or a “casual” author, it’s not. Listen Now!
The book buck stops here … It’s an exciting time to be an author; it’s an awesome time to be an independent publisher.